Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dick Vermeil will try to use his 'stronger voice' as a Hall of Famer to get Torry Holt in, too

June 03, 2022 09:16AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Dick Vermeil will try to use his 'stronger voice' as a Hall of Famer to get Torry Holt in, too

Cameron DaSilva
June 3, 2022 10:33 am PT

Torry Holt has patiently waited his turn to get inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He’s been a finalist three years in a row, but he has yet to break through and be enshrined in Canton.

His time should come at some point, and until it does, his former coach Dick Vermeil will be campaigning for Holt to get into the Hall of Fame.

Vermeil was selected as a member of the Class of 2022 and now that he’s a Hall of Famer, he’s going to be in the ears of voters suggesting that they put Holt through for all that he accomplished in the NFL.

“I’ll have a stronger voice. I’ve written letter, I’ve talked to people that vote. He deserves to be in there,” Vermeil said on NFL Network. “As we all know, and I know this more so myself as a coach, there’s a lot of people that deserve to be in there just as much as I do. And I’m looking forward to being an advocate for them. But I’m in a better position now to look people in the face and the eyes and say, ‘Listen, Torry Holt belongs there. He’s done some things that receivers that other receivers that are already in the Hall of Fame have not done.’”

Holt has seen his former teammates make it to Canton, from Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner to Orlando Pace and Isaac Bruce. Holt was an integral part of those decorated Rams teams, and he has the numbers to back up his case as a Hall of Famer.

He was a seven-time Pro Bowler, first-team All-Pro in 2003 and ranks 16th all-time in career receiving yards with 13,382. He deserves to have a bust in Canton.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Dick Vermeil will try to use his 'stronger voice' as a Hall of Famer to get Torry Holt in, too

BerendsenRam172June 03, 2022 09:16AM