Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Will Russ Keep Cooking In Denver???

May 31, 2022 12:37PM
Russell Wilson's rise to stardom was really built on a great running game, deep passing game, his ability to create well on broken plays and a really good defense.
His slow but steady decline is a result of teams figuring out that if you keep him in the pocket where he can't see well his success rate drops significantly. Keeping him in the pocket doesn't allow him to get creative or gain big yards on broken plays. Additionally, he seems far less willing to take off running these days as you know the hits over the years have to take their toll on his body.
Over the years, Russ has gone from "Cooking" in a high-class French restaurant to being more of a line cook at your local "Chile's". Personally, I don't think it's long before he's flipping burgers.
Russell Wilson has never been the focus of his team's offense. The running game has always been the primary focus. Sure, there were years when the Hawks were decimated by injuries at the RB position and the team had to pass more than what they would like, but look at the end result when he has had to rely more on his arm than the running game.
I think the Denver Broncos are going to expect far too much from Russell Wilson and it's going to cost them. His new team better put as much time into practicing how the WR's react to broken plays as the Hawks did or they are going to be in really big trouble.
I'm not saying the DangeRuss isn't a guy who I'd like to have on my team down by a few points with the ball in his hands for the final possession of a football game. But there are other's I'd rather have. But, there are several other QB's that I'd take, who have better arm talent and bigger bodies to take on the day-by-day roll of really leading a heavy passing game.
In the end, I love the guy. He's easy to root for when not playing the Rams. But, I think Bronco fans are going to be disappointed if they expect to be a heavy passing team.
The Hawks let him go at the right time and got a bunch of picks and money saved by letting him go. Winner. Hawks.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Will Russ Keep Cooking In Denver???

PSJRam278May 31, 2022 12:37PM

Umm, have you looked at Wilson's stats recently?

promomasterj170May 31, 2022 12:56PM

IMO.....THE most accurate passer I have EVER seen!

Ramgator126June 01, 2022 04:02AM

Re: IMO.....THE most accurate passer I have EVER seen!

h2omelonhead201June 01, 2022 06:25AM

2 RBS, 4WRs, 2 TEs.

alyoshamucci232May 31, 2022 01:06PM

Broncos Coaching Staff All First Year Guys

den-the-coach228June 01, 2022 05:36AM

Re: Broncos Coaching Staff All First Year Guys

oldschoolramfan185June 01, 2022 07:47AM

Re: Broncos Coaching Staff All First Year Guys

Rams43170June 01, 2022 08:25AM

I hope RW's cooking

Ramsdude113June 01, 2022 08:00AM