Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Demby's contract expired

May 28, 2022 12:24PM
Former UMaine All-American is a free agent after contract with Super Bowl champion Ramso expires
Maine News
March 30, 2022, 11:32 PM

March 31—Jamil Demby works five hours a day Monday through Friday, mainly rehabilitating a knee injury that required surgery on August 6.

The former University of Maine All-American Offensive Tackle said his rehabilitation and upcoming workouts are productive thanks to a piece of jewelry.

Namely, a Super Bowl ring.

“It’s given extra motivation,” said Demby, who was on the Los Angeles Rams roster but couldn’t play this season, which he termed as a “strange” injury he suffered one-on-one during training camp. continued to drill.

He was placed on injured reserve and since he was still part of the team, he earned a Super Bowl ring.

He was in the fourth and final year of his contract after being drafted in the sixth round (192nd overall) by the Rams in 2018.

Demby, 25, is now a free agent.

The 6-foot-5, 321-pound Vineland, New Jersey, native played six games for the Rams during the 2019-20 season and started one.

He has spent most of his time in Ram’s practice squad.

Demby was waived by the Rams on September 8, 2018 and was signed by the Detroit Lions three days later. He was in Detroit’s practice squad until the Rams signed him on December 12, 2018.

Being part of a Super Bowl winning team but not being able to play was “bittersweet,” according to Demby.

“I definitely wanted to feel like I contributed to it. It sucks to go through this. But it’s a special feeling to be able to reach the top of football,” he added.

“Although something bad happened to me, it was amazing to see how everything turned out,” said Demby, who was part of the Super Bowl winning parade in Los Angeles and has many friends on the team.

“It’s a very special group of people. It was amazing to see older people like this.” [40-year-old offensive tackle] Andrew Whitworth and [30-year-old defensive tackle] Aaron Donald established his legacy,” said Demby, who was also happy for quarterback Matthew Stafford, who was traded to the Rams by Detroit in the off-season.

story continues

“I was with him for two months in Detroit. He was the centerpiece of the organization. To do everything he did for him [in Detroit] And it’s wonderful to be here and win the Super Bowl,” Demby said.

Demby said his knee feels “great” and that he is close to 100 percent.

The Rams have shown some interest in signing him, but he said there has also been some interest from other teams whose offensive line coach he has played for in the past.

“It’s a waiting game. I haven’t played in a year and the NFL is a business so they’re not going to give me an opportunity right away. I have to earn it,” he said. “I’ll have to be patient.”

He said he had developed the mental aspect of his game and learned a lot about how to promote knee health and “how to transform my body so that I can be stronger and more mobile in different areas.” I can be.”

In doing some self-evaluations, he said “playing with confidence” is of the utmost importance.

“If something goes wrong, you can’t control yourself. You have to be patient,” he said.

[darik.news]

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams' 90-man offseason roster by jersey number

BerendsenRam283May 28, 2022 08:47AM

Re: Rams' 90-man offseason roster by jersey number

CROMWELL21211May 28, 2022 10:04AM

So refreshing!!!!

stlramz188May 28, 2022 11:02AM

Demby's contract expired

MamaRAMa143May 28, 2022 12:24PM

Re: Demby's contract expired

CROMWELL21129May 28, 2022 12:41PM