Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cooper Kupp has watched Allen Robinson for a while. Now he can't wait to play with him.

May 25, 2022 09:14AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Cooper Kupp has watched Allen Robinson for a while. Now he can't wait to play with him.

Cameron DaSilva
May 25, 2022 6:04 am PT

Allen Robinson has been one of the top receivers in the NFL for several years – even if his numbers last year don’t suggest that. He posted 1,400 yards and 14 touchdowns in his second NFL season in 2015, earning a Pro Bowl selection and quickly establishing himself as a weapon for the Jaguars.

After years of playing with subpar quarterbacks, Robinson is now a member of the Rams where he’ll catch passes from Matthew Stafford and run routes alongside Cooper Kupp.

Kupp is thrilled to have Robinson as a teammate in Los Angeles, having watched him for a long time. At OTAs this week, Kupp explained what makes Robinson such a good receiver, pointing to his physicality at the catch point. But Robinson is more than just a player who can come down with contested catches. Kupp sees a receiver who gets good releases off the line, works the middle of the field and works defenders at the top of his routes.

“I’ve actually watched A-Rob for a while now,” Kupp said. “What he’s been able to do over in Chicago and before in Jacksonville, one of the best competitive catch players. I think that’s probably what he’s known for, is his ability to go up and make plays over people and make those plays. But on the other side of things, his ability to work the middle of the field, to work guys in man-to-man, put his foot in the ground, his releases. What he’s able to do at the top of routes and different things like that. He’s much more nuanced than I think he’s probably known for, and I’m really excited for him to be in this offense, to be able to kind of put that stuff to use.”

"I'm really excited for him to be in this offense."

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cooper Kupp has watched Allen Robinson for a while. Now he can't wait to play with him.

BerendsenRam208May 25, 2022 09:14AM