Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fox, NBC to use drones, helmet cameras for USFL coverage

April 16, 2022 04:47AM

Link

Posted by Mike Florio on April 15, 2022, 7:43 PM EDT

The USFL debuts on Saturday night. The two networks televising the games will be embracing a new way of capturing the images.

As explained by Joe Reedy of the Associated Press, the two networks will use drones. Also, two players from each team will have cameras in their helmets.

The World League used helmet cameras more than 30 years ago. These innovations could make the presentation of the game more compelling. They also could prompt the NFL to adopt the measures that work the best.

Fox and NBC will be televising the USFL launch on Saturday night, with both networks televising the game between the New Jersey Generals and the Birmingham Stallions. It’s the first time multiple broadcast networks will televise the same sporting event since CBS and NBC televised the 2007 Week 17 game between the Patriots and Giants.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

USFL debuts tonight with a three-point option after touchdowns

Ramsdude329April 16, 2022 04:42AM

Ramsdude193April 16, 2022 04:47AM

stupid gimmicky idea

L.A.Rams162April 16, 2022 05:35AM

How do gimmicks change anything?

NewMexicoRam109April 16, 2022 09:49AM

Re: How do gimmicks change anything?

Rampage2K-132April 16, 2022 01:09PM

Re: How do gimmicks change anything?