Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay hopes to work with OBJ ‘for many more years to come’…

March 05, 2022 06:44AM
Sean McVay hopes to work with Odell Beckham Jr. for 'many more years to come'

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

Odell Beckham Jr. wasn’t the sole reason the Rams won the Super Bowl, but he was a huge part of it. In the postseason alone, he caught 21 passes for 288 yards and two touchdowns, and that’s with missing half the Super Bowl.

He was in for a big game against the Bengals before getting hurt, but unfortunately, a torn ACL limited him to just two catches for 52 yards and a touchdown before halftime.

That ACL injury very much complicates his prospects as a pending free agent, considering he’ll probably miss about half the season. But the Rams have made it clear they want him back in Los Angeles.

Sean McVay even said on Mad Dog Sports Radio that he hopes to work with Beckham for “many more years.”

“Odell is someone we want to continue to work with. I can’t say enough about him as a teammate, as a person,” McVay said. “I really love him. Cherish our relationship that we were able to establish and develop, and I’m hopefully that there will be many more years to come with us working together.”

McVay didn’t specifically say what Beckham’s timeline to return is, but he’s confident the receiver will attack his rehab aggressively and return to the form we saw last season.

“If there’s anyone that’s going to attack his rehab the right way and be ready to return to performance … I’m confident he’s gonna attack this with a resilient mindset and mentality and we do want him to be a Ram,” McVay added. “I also know there’s gonna be some other teams that probably want his services but hopefully we’ll be able to convince him to come back and still be a part of this thing.”

Like so many others, McVay thought Beckham was in for a huge game in the Super Bowl because the Rams were trying to get him the ball – and before the injury, he was delivering with big plays.

“I really believe he was in store for going absolutely bananas in the Super Bowl because so much of what we were doing was predicated on trying to be able to get him in some favorable spots and him being able to win some matchups,” McVay said.

Free agency begins on March 16, with the legal tampering period opening two days prior to that, so it won’t be long before we find out where Beckham lands for next season and possibly beyond.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay hopes to work with OBJ ‘for many more years to come’…

Rams43320March 05, 2022 06:44AM

Rehab timeline vs. Signing ?

leafnose144March 05, 2022 07:34AM

It's coming

Ram_Ruler191March 05, 2022 07:55AM

Re: It's coming

BerendsenRam125March 05, 2022 12:56PM

I hope...

sstrams103March 05, 2022 01:49PM

They talked this way with Goff I believe

Ram_Ruler109March 05, 2022 03:21PM

Free agency starts in less than 2 weeks