Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Odell is what is funny here

February 25, 2022 08:38AM
He stands as a great example of the Rams aggressiveness paying off because he was a castoff and the Rams didn't go all in with him by any means. They just added him at a bargain cost. But had they not been trying to constantly improve this roster and if for whatever reason had not signed Odell we probably fall short in the playoffs and right now there's people on Rams boards crowing about how Stafford was a mistake.

It's an interesting example in my mind at least of persistence paying off. And in this case cred goes to Snead and McVay. No way we get to that game without Odell and them adding him before Woody got hurt stands as a wonderful reminder of how close the talent level is in this league and how hard it is to do what they just did.

I mean look at the 9ers roster. Our roster is not so much greater than theirs, at least not like the media try to portray it. Rams have weaker pieces all over and some of those weaknesses align with 9er strengths. Look at their weapons in the pass game, and go 3 deep and compare. They're a deep playoff roster.

So again I'll just say thank you to McVay and Snead for being who they are as professionals at the top of their respective peer lists. And the fact that we actually have an organization that is good this time around, as opposed to '99, gives me some hope that maybe they can navigate the challenge of success and come out of this with a nice window of deep playoff success. We are exceptionally blessed as fans. It's pretty amazing.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Brady has ‘a lot of respect’ for Rams aggressiveness in pursuit of SB…

Rams43273February 25, 2022 05:54AM

Odell is what is funny here

merlin173February 25, 2022 08:38AM

Re: Getting Stafford was HUGE!

oldschoolramfan106February 25, 2022 09:03AM

Re: Getting Stafford was HUGE!

den-the-coach120February 25, 2022 09:06AM