Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Michaels and Aikman better than Al and Collinsworth

February 26, 2022 01:51AM
JYB
I really like the Aikman and Buck team. And I'm usually a big fan of Al Michaels, but can't stand Collinsworth.

But Al's final call in the Superbowl was pathetic. He treated Donald's game-ending play like it was a second down play in the first quarter -- not the game-clinching play. He carried on about what might've been on the pass, totally burying the lead, and then casually described the Rams celebrating. If you were a casual fan who didn't follow the game much, you would have no idea that Donald just won the game for the Rams, at the moment it appeared to be destined for OT.

It was THE worst game-winning call I have ever seen, in any sport, in my entire life.
))))

Absolutely agree!

Al had given this interview before the bowl and mentioned (13:00 mark) that he was broadcasting for awhile now and admitted that he would retire when his ability to call games starts to flounder. He is very critical of himself.

Well, I'm not sure what happened on that game winning play, but I can not help but remember his words during this interview. He really dropped the ball here.

It's almost like he was afraid to say anything too positive about the Rams in that moment because he didn't want to hurt Collinsworth's feelings.

That's the best explanation I got for his melancholy call. He should be embarrassed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2022 01:55AM by Killrazor.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Report: Troy Aikman poised to leave Fox not for Amazon but ESPN

BerendsenRam437February 23, 2022 02:37PM

Re: Report: Troy Aikman poised to leave Fox not for Amazon but ESPN

SoCalRAMatic161February 23, 2022 02:42PM

Outside of THE three best teams of Announcers........

Ramgator164February 23, 2022 02:56PM

Re: Report: Troy Aikman poised to leave Fox not for Amazon but ESPN

Great Bordeni237February 23, 2022 08:45PM

Michaels and Aikman better than Al and Collinsworth

promomasterj133February 24, 2022 11:50AM

JYB140February 25, 2022 04:29AM

Killrazor112February 26, 2022 01:51AM