Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When did McVay ever say he might retire after the SB?

February 16, 2022 04:37AM
This is a sincere question as I have seen this in a few threads now and I think I must have missed something. Don't get me wrong, I saw the interview where McVay said he didn't want to be doing this forever and wanted to raise a family and I thought the press took that and ran with it and made a story out of it that wasn't there. From what I heard him say I figured it would be at least 5 years before he even considered it. First, he has to get married...and then there is the honeymoon portion of marriage (not the honeymoon itself)...so I figure those two things take the next two years at least. Then, plan a family, get pregnant, have baby...at least another year. And regardless of what he said about being there...waiting until most of the diaper changing is done I figure another couple of years. But I never heard, "I'm thinking about retiring next year and starting a family," especially in that order? In fact, after he said what he said about not doing this his whole life he finished by laughing and saying something to the effect of, "I say all that and you will probably be talking to me when I'm 61 still doing this." So did I miss something in that interview? Did he say something elsewhere that I missed?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

does McVays ruse hinder O'Connell?

joram352February 16, 2022 01:58AM

He took the job already...

max141February 16, 2022 02:55AM

Re: does McVays ruse hinder O'Connell?

MamaRAMa195February 16, 2022 04:03AM

When did McVay ever say he might retire after the SB?

ABQRam114February 16, 2022 04:37AM