Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: My Super Bowl experience - game and post game

February 15, 2022 07:56AM
The section we were in (333) was one that seemed not many fans were in. There was a sprinkling of Rams fans, but most people just seemed to be at the game, because it was the super bowl. The guy who I purchased my seats from, sat next to me with his father. Apparently, his father was a long time Rams fan, but for some reason was involved with the Raiders organization when they were in LA and took him to 4 super bowls as a kid, so he was returning the favor by bringing him there.

Overall, our section was not very boisterous, but being on the front row, I did not have to pay attention to them! The stadium itself was very loud, a friend asked me if it was loud because it did not seem that way on TV. Hell yes it was loud, before, during and after the game it was loud. I could not talk to my son who was sitting next to me without leaning in and yelling.

One observation about SOFI during the game. There is a ton of information on the various screens and oculus, and all over the place. However, if you ever want to know the score, time, down and distance, it is nearly impossible to find! I could tell you how much time each QB had before pressure, or the % of pressure on passing downs, but not the score. It seems odd that the most essential pieces of information get such small spots. This comes into pay later. Maybe I am a grumpy old man though, who knows.

The first half was great, but I felt the Rams should be up by more. However, the Bengals had not really done anything in the game so far. I was hoping for more play action on 1st down, and they did a few times, it worked. Watching that reverse pass I thought, oh man are we jumping the shark here? Once OBJ was down, the O stalled badly.

The beginning of the 2nd half was as bad as it gets as a Rams fan. You guys all know that already though. I screamed for OPI on the long TD, but alas, just a TD. Then Skowronek filling in for OBJ, ugh, what an ugly play. That guy seems to be cursed, I hope he got it all out this year as he seems to be where he should be and is often open, now just CATCH THE BALL!!!!

Watching the final drive in person was awesome. So much fun and tension. Oddly I felt like they were going to score. Even from the other endzone I could see that hit on Kupp was bad. As for the holding call that gave them the 1st 1st down, I think we are not seeing the reality of it in the camera shots. I would like to see an end zone camera where the official was. Even the complaining that they waited to throw the flag until it was deflected is bogus. They waited to see if it affected the play, and clearly it did as Kupp could not separate from an average LB? Really? The best route running, most open receiver in the NFL cannot beat a middle line backer? Ok...

The TD that got called back, was an oddly silent crowd. No one knew what really happened, there was no signal for TD, Kupp was down, and the stadium was really quiet for the situation.

The TD to Kupp that counted, the crowd erupted! It was awesome, me and my son screaming COOOOOOP as loud as we could!

The possession for the Bengals was soooo loud. SO many people cheering for the Rams. This is where the down and distance not being able to be seen comes into play. On the final play I had no idea it was 4th down. I thought they got a 1st on the run and nothing in the stadium seemed to indicate otherwise! I saw Donald sling him around, and then start celebrating. I yelled NOOOO what are you doing!!! Put your helmet on that is a penalty!!! Thankfully, that was the ballgame though!

Here are few pictures from the weekend. I don't know what else people might want to know.
Bus before game

View from seats

Me at seats

Me and son with confetti

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My Super Bowl experience

baraw304February 14, 2022 09:33AM

That was short!

sstrams80February 14, 2022 09:34AM

Re: That was short!

baraw128February 14, 2022 09:51AM

Hope you didn't lose a huge story..

sstrams101February 14, 2022 09:52AM

Re: Hope you didn't lose a huge story..

baraw138February 14, 2022 09:54AM

Cool.. thanks man! nm

sstrams57February 14, 2022 09:54AM

Re: My Super Bowl experience continued...

baraw111February 15, 2022 06:00AM

Re: My Super Bowl experience - game and post game Attachments

baraw91February 15, 2022 07:56AM

Thanks baraw.. that was awesome!

sstrams59February 15, 2022 08:03AM

stlramz78February 15, 2022 08:05AM

Rams4379February 15, 2022 08:24AM

MamaRAMa68February 15, 2022 08:45AM