Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eric Weddle makes it clear Super Bowl LVI will be his last NFL game ever

February 03, 2022 10:25PM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Eric Weddle makes it clear Super Bowl LVI will be his last NFL game ever

Cameron DaSilva
February 3, 2022 11:30 am PT

Eric Weddle found the fountain of youth for the last three weeks, coming out of retirement at the age of 37 and joining the Rams for their current Super Bowl run. He went from being a part-time player in his first game back against the Cardinals to playing every single snap in the NFC title game, becoming a key player on defense.

It’s been awesome to see him turn back the clock and help the Rams get to the big game, but fans shouldn’t get too excited about the possibility of him returning in 2022. That’s not going to happen.

During an appearance on AM 570 LA Sports this week, Weddle left no doubt about his plans after the Super Bowl.

“It’s amazing to be able to understand that and know that I don’t have to save myself for next season, I don’t have to save myself for the offseason, I didn’t have to save myself for the Super Bowl last week knowing it wasn’t guaranteed, so I was throwing it in there, giving it everything I got,” Weddle said, via Nick Cothrel of Sports Illustrated. “Because listen, I don’t have anything left after this other than going back and doing what I was doing before. After this Super Bowl, I move on and go back to my old life and there will be no comebacks. There will not be playing – another team, another game – no, no, no, no.”

Weddle led the Rams with nine tackles against the 49ers on Sunday, a remarkable feat for a player who just came out of a two-year retirement three weeks ago. It remains to be seen if his role changes at all in the Super Bowl in the event that Taylor Rapp returns from his concussion, but he’s given the Rams no reason to take him off the field.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Eric Weddle makes it clear Super Bowl LVI will be his last NFL game ever

BerendsenRam412February 03, 2022 10:25PM

That's good, because in a full season....

roman18137February 04, 2022 03:08AM

Hopefully just last game PLAYING for the Rams!

Ramgator122February 04, 2022 04:20AM

Re: Hopefully just last game PLAYING for the Rams!

Rams Junkie183February 04, 2022 07:40PM

what a story

21Dog104February 04, 2022 05:15AM

Re: what a story

MamaRAMa82February 04, 2022 05:43AM

PS

OzRam68February 05, 2022 12:07AM

Re: Weddle played 100% of the Snaps last week

leafnose45February 05, 2022 04:20AM

Re: Eric Weddle makes it clear Super Bowl LVI will be his last NFL game ever

oldmanram57February 05, 2022 04:32AM