Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

KSDK gives props to the Rams

February 01, 2022 06:11AM
It's no secret in these parts that St Louis pretty much hates Stan Kroenke. I've said before that it's not so much that the move happened.. it's because of how it all went down and in how the team departed. No matter what was in the lease or not in the lease and the Rams had the right to go and all of that... the city and the people of St Louis didn't deserve to be led on and lied to for months and months and then kicked in the teeth without so much as a "thank you for being home to us for the past 22 years." Kroenke, Demoff, and the NFL were directly responsible for that, not the team. It didn't have to happen that way but it did and THAT'S what most people hate and cannot forgive. It's why so many Rams fans are no longer Rams fans. The media here has openly displayed their dislike, disdain and disgust and continues to do so to this day.

Until last night.

I was watching the 10:00 pm news on the local NBC affiliate, KSDK, where Frank Cusumano has been the sportscaster for about 30 years. Here's how the sports segment went, word for word:

Frank is standing in front of a graphic of the Rams and begins to speak:

"Things you never thought you would see: Cows flying, Trump at a Biden rally and me showing Stan Kroenke at his finest hour (video clip shows Kroenke lifting the NFC championship trophy)."

"Don't worry I haven't gone soft. I'm here to say ... outside of this guy, the Rams are actually kinda likable." (whaaaaaaaaaaat did he just say??)

"I mean, how do you not like the high energy coach, Sean McVay, who's really great at his job." (video clip of McVay on the sidelines)

"How do you not like Matthew Stafford who had to endure Detroit for 13 years... or the guy he throws to, Cooper Kupp, the best wide receiver in football, or Aaron Donald?" (video clip of Stafford throwing a TD pass to Kupp)

"I mean the only issue is the owner." <--------- THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Von Miller's been to the Super Bowl before. He said it's like having a second child. You love them both, but they're different" (short clip of Miller speaking to the press after the game).

I about fell out of my chair. That's the first positive nod to the Rams given by anybody on KSDK since they left 6 years ago. I try to keep my love for the team and deep dislike for the owner separate. I have to or I'd be forced to join the ranks of other former Rams fans..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2022 06:17AM by MamaRAMa.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My wife fell so in love with Rams after the seeing us beat Seahawks

BumRap307January 31, 2022 05:11PM

Re: My wife fell so in love with Rams after the seeing us beat Seahawks

JYB131February 01, 2022 05:38AM

KSDK gives props to the Rams

MamaRAMa152February 01, 2022 06:11AM

I enjoyed that post, Mama.... (nm)

JamesJM82February 01, 2022 07:49AM

Re: Great Post MamaRAMa...Thx nm

Rams_78179February 01, 2022 10:29AM

Two possibilities. . . .

RAMbeau215February 01, 2022 01:42PM

My Wife is happy when the Rams win... for me. AND, she thinks McVay is cute. nm

Ramgator128February 01, 2022 07:45AM