Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Let’s be honest, here…

January 19, 2022 02:53PM
ramBRO
Rams43
The difference in play between a healthy Whit and a healthy Boom is not that great.

So, if Whit is injured to any significant degree then Boom becomes the better starter by default. Boom has proven himself time and again and he has earned this start, barring a miraculous recovery of Whit.

And this is coming from a great fan and admirer of Whit. It’s just the correct business decision. We must have our best 5 against that Buc D.

Though I agree with you that Noteboom has proven himself worthy, I do think that, even at his age, Whit is a better run-blocker.

Also, now that we're in the playoffs and will be facing elite DE's the rest of the way...

I have to wonder whether or not a well-respected veteran like Whitworth gets the benefit of the doubt (in terms of 50/50 holding calls) that a good (but relatively unknown) Noteboom might get flagged for?

Kinda like how a stern look in Brady's direction will garner a roughing penal, while its "play on" when Goff gets his helmet torn off his head.

If Whit can play, I'd actually be more concerned about our RT position. Havs doesn't always cover himself with glory.

Whit did come back in and attempted to play but his ankle and knee proved to make him a liability resulting in needless pressure on Stafford.

Don’t know if it was Whit or a coach’s decision but they correctly put in Boom thereafter without missing a beat.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Andrew Whitworth not ruled out yet, but status vs. Bucs is unclear

BerendsenRam196January 19, 2022 01:38PM

Re: Andrew Whitworth not ruled out yet, but status vs. Bucs is unclear

Ramstien82January 19, 2022 01:48PM

Rams-Bucs injury report: Whitworth and Rapp DNP Wednesday

BerendsenRam62January 19, 2022 01:55PM

Re: Andrew Whitworth not ruled out yet, but status vs. Bucs is unclear

Ramsdude54January 19, 2022 01:55PM

He can't play LT if he can't slide and move properly

promomasterj53January 19, 2022 03:21PM

Let’s be honest, here…