Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

And then there were 8....

January 17, 2022 09:39PM
And the Rams are one of the eight. Can't express how much joy that gives me.

Lot of talk this year about, (and I get this, I am NOT putting it down), it's all or nothing this year because the Ram's mortgaged their future... or, and including, gave up too much for Stafford (I'm a bit in that later category myself)....

But I have never been an 'all or nothing' and unable to enjoy a good season that falls short of a SB Victory type. This one victory wasn't enough, granted, but it was very, very, very good. Should the worst happen next week I'll cry, I'll probably moan and groan, but I guarantee you I'll be on fire for the season of '22.

Now I'm posting this with 60+ seasons under my belt... and obviously very few of you have that going for you. But I don't think I've ever felt any differently, not even in my younger days.... when the effort was there so was I.

That FIRST playoff game is huge for me. I can't really express how huge it is. If I were to rank them, which is impossible, I'd say the 1st playoff game is right up there with the SB for me. Back in the day there was 'less' all or nothing demeanor among fans, OR - so it seemed to me. Could be wrong.

Now lest you think I"m saying "I'm satisfied and the rest is just gravy"... ya need to think again. It's not just "not" that, it's no where near that.

But at the same time great effort gives me enormous satisfaction... and tonights game did just that. It's why, for me, the season of '79 was so extraordinarily special for me. To this day I think that '79 team was perhaps the weakest of all the teams the Ram's fielded in the 70's... and yet, they achieved the most, as far as depth into the playoff and yeah, the SB... and yet... I don't look back at them as any more memorable, and with any more satisfaction, than all those other '70 teams that just fell short.

This was an extraordinary win tonight...not because they beat Arizona... but rather... because they truly stumbled this year yet rose to the occasion in a one and done game and did what we saw tonight... will, determination, overcoming adversity. And after last week with SF , and especially after that first game with AZ this year, NO MATTER how much you think Az. stumbled tonight the Rams had to climb one of the most intimidating mountains in their history to give us fans this win. They not only did it, they did it with 'style'.

I have said several times this year that in any given game this year I didn't have a clue what to expect from this team... but I did NOT expect tonight.... and thru it all I never doubted they 'could' do exactly what they did tonight.

There was more displayed tonight than the mere X's and O's... and I think, I know, the Buc's have got their hands full. - JamesJM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2022 09:40PM by JamesJM.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

And then there were 8....

JamesJM232January 17, 2022 09:39PM

Nice

BC Ramsfan115January 17, 2022 09:53PM

Re: And then there were 8....

Rams4387January 17, 2022 10:06PM

they've been saying "Rams are all in" since 2018...

LMU9348January 18, 2022 03:10AM

Re: they've been saying "Rams are all in" since 2018...

dodgerram46January 18, 2022 03:16AM