Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's mysterious to me...

January 13, 2022 02:13PM
I never have really accepted two very common statements made on this board regarding Stafford - 1 He is who he is and 2 When he's hot he's hot and when he's not he's not.

At the same time it's no easy task arguing either of those things.

#2. First... it makes no sense to me that, (and this is how I see it), that 'hot/cold' thing breaks down close to each specific drive rather than a 'game long' hit or miss. I saw very few (any?) entire games where he was either hot or cold throughout.

And #1 above - that 2nd thing I believe directly relates to the first.

My guess: I think Stafford is much more comfortable with certain plays, specific drive schemes. I don't think McVay has quite figured Stafford out as yet. Seems to me Stafford has 'comfort' pass plays that he executes better than other pass plays (plays more than receivers but both apply) - BUT the same confidence he can execute both the same... even though he doesn't.. and McVay is calling based on that Stafford confidence factor more than what I think he should be basing play call on and that's what Stafford executes most efficiently... whether Stafford is aware of it or not. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NGS' new Passing Score metric heading into the playoffs

Anonymous User163January 13, 2022 01:23PM

So just as many on this board have said....

NewMexicoRam56January 13, 2022 01:53PM

It's mysterious to me...

JamesJM40January 13, 2022 02:13PM

Re: NGS' new Passing Score metric heading into the playoffs

BerendsenRam50January 13, 2022 02:17PM