Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yes they beat up on bad teams, what were they thinking

January 11, 2022 08:40AM
Sure, they beat up on the bad teams they faced. But they also played a lot of playoff teams. Their best game was against the Super Bowl champs. And they bounced back from a beatdown at the hands of the Cards to beat them the second game in a moment in which they were the hottest team in the NFL. Losing to the 9ers was infuriating, but they played them to the hilt in a game that was must-win for the 9ers but not the Rams.

What it looks like to me is that the Rams are one of many flawed teams trying to make a run this year. They're a very good team. To not be able to see that is to give in to fear and despair. You're just in a hurry to quit so you don't have to risk being let down. But you're not allowing yourself to see that the Rams are in this thing.

They could lose any game. Bad bounces. Bad game from too many players. Not taking advantage of opportunities. Football is kind of like chess where the "mistakes are all there waiting to be made." Thinking that the Rams are weaker than the rest of the playoff field isn't accurate IMO. They won 12 real games in a challenging schedule. What is accurate is to say they're just another playoff team.

For some of us only them dominating is acceptable. Ok then. But for me knowing my team has a chance is exciting. I am really looking forward to this game even though I know we might get knocked out. Play it 10x and maybe we win what, 5 or 6 of them. Which reality will we be in at the end? Who knows. But I don't see the value of throwing tantrums when we don't come out on top.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams finish 5th in final Football Outsiders DVOA ratings

LMU93207January 11, 2022 03:35AM

Re: Rams finish 5th in final Football Outsiders DVOA ratings

Classicalwit83January 11, 2022 04:32AM

Yes they beat up on bad teams, what were they thinking

merlin109January 11, 2022 08:40AM

NFC playoff teams

LMU9363January 11, 2022 09:02AM

Re: NFC playoff teams

Ekern5541January 11, 2022 09:27AM

Re: Rams finish 5th in final Football Outsiders DVOA ratings