Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams need a real OC.

January 10, 2022 07:47AM
RockRam
Right now, McVay has no accountability. No one to get him to step back from the cliff. No one to be his alter ego.
He has a tendency to get too cute at the wrong moments. Or to take too much risk at the wrong moments. It's as though he must get fancy because simple is just too simple.

Frankly, McVay hasn't had anybody like that since Matt LaFleur when he was the Rams OC in 2017. My OWN OPINION is that's why Matt LaFleur only lasted one season with the Rams. No, I have no proof that this is true... no I didn't read it anywhere. This is just what I think. LaFleur probably expected to do his job as the Offensive Coordinator without McVay stepping in all the time to call plays himself. LaFleur could see this was a situation that was NOT going to get better and chose to leave and go to a team that would at least allow him to do his job. After one season with the Rams, he left for the Offensive Coordinator job (a lateral move, mind you) with the Tennessee Titans. After one season with the Titans, he was hired as the head coach with the Packers.

Following LaFleur's departure, the Rams had NO OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR for TWO SEASONS (2018-2019). Kevin O'Connell was the Offensive Coordinator for the Washington Football Team for one season before the Rams hired him into the OC job in 2020. I'm not convinced O'Connell is actually performing that job by being the one to draw up and call the plays on game days. So what DOES O'Connell do exactly? Does anyone know?

I've been saying for a few seasons now that the Rams need a real Offensive Coordinator, but it seems McVay likes doing it and just will NOT give it up. And if he's not going to allow a man to do the OC job, why have the position? It also might not hurt to have a qualified QB coach, too. We don't have one of those either.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams need a real OC.

RockRam260January 10, 2022 07:28AM

Ekern55125January 10, 2022 07:41AM

MamaRAMa124January 10, 2022 07:47AM

Good observation

moklerman123January 10, 2022 07:56AM

Re: Calling the plays from up in the booth....

oldschoolramfan94January 10, 2022 08:43AM

That would kill the ego

BigGame81117January 10, 2022 10:21AM

Re: That would kill the ego

Ekern5555January 10, 2022 10:22AM