Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Von Miller: Rams are 'probably more talented' than Broncos' 2015 Super Bowl team

January 07, 2022 09:21AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Von Miller: Rams are 'probably more talented' than Broncos' 2015 Super Bowl team

Cameron DaSilva
January 7, 2022 11:10 am PT
Von Miller already has a Super Bowl ring on his finger, so he knows what it takes to win a championship in the NFL. He made the playoffs five years in a row with the Broncos, reaching the Super Bowl twice.

The year he and the Broncos won the Super Bowl, they allowed the fewest yards in the NFL and finished the regular season 12-4 despite ranking 19th in points and 16th in total yards offensively. It was undeniably a great team, especially on defense, but Miller wouldn’t say it was more talented than the Rams team he’s on now.

During an appearance on the Rich Eisen Show, Miller said the Rams are more talented than the 2015 Broncos, who won Super Bowl 50.

“I’m comfortable. I’m comfortable in this team,” Miller said. “We went to a Super Bowl in 2015 and this team has a lot of those similarities. To be honest, this team is probably more talented than that 2015 team. We’ve got Jalen Ramsey, Aaron Donald, Leonard Floyd, myself. The offensive line on this team is definitely more experienced and more seasoned and we’ve got a whole stable of running backs. We’ve got Cooper Kupp, the best wide receiver in the league.”

#RamsHouse @VonMiller knows he's on a stacked Los Angeles roster but is it better than the 2015 Super Bowl winning Broncos?

His answer surprised us:#NFL pic.twitter.com/HZeLGG38Zo

— Rich Eisen Show (@RichEisenShow) January 7, 2022

Miller isn’t necessarily wrong about this claim, even with the Rams being a long way from winning a Super Bowl. They have the edge over Denver on offense, and even though the Broncos defense was equally loaded with Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware and Miller, the Rams D is quite good.

What Miller really likes about the Rams is not only their talent, but the way they overcome adversity. Not only did they go 4-0 in December amid a COVID-19 outbreak in their building, but the last two weeks, they won despite Matthew Stafford turning it over six times total.

“This team has a tremendous amount of talent, but what really gets me going, gets me excited about this team than the 2015 team is the way we handle adversity, the way we handle the odds being against us,” he continued. “These last couple of games, we threw two picks – we had three turnovers in the last game and we were able to come out and win it. The game before that, we threw three interceptions, as well, and we were able to hold the lead and win that, as well. … You don’t want to throw as many interceptions, you don’t want to turn the ball over but whatever odds are presented against this team, we somehow find a way to overcome it. You don’t want to make it tougher than it has to be, that’s for sure. But I’m pretty excited about this team and the way we handle adversity.”

The Rams have to win three playoff games just to reach the Super Bowl, which is a tall task in the competitive NFC, but you could make the case that they’re the most talented team in the conference on paper.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Von Miller: Rams are 'probably more talented' than Broncos' 2015 Super Bowl team

BerendsenRam280January 07, 2022 09:21AM

Someone is going to win 3 or 4 in a row to win the Super Bowl

NewMexicoRam130January 07, 2022 09:33AM

Re: Someone is going to win 3 or 4 in a row to win the Super Bowl

The Professor125January 07, 2022 12:36PM

21Dog100January 07, 2022 02:38PM

The Professor102January 07, 2022 03:44PM