Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: That was meant tongue in cheek. It's my anxiety level that's the real issue!

January 03, 2022 10:59AM
I watch all 162 St Louis Cardinals baseball games that are broadcast on local television every MBL season. I love Cardinals baseball and they're really the only MLB team I watch. Once the Cardinals are out of the playoffs, I'm done for the season. I don't watch any playoffs or the World Series, 'cause the only team I care about is the Birds on the Bat. HOWEVER... if I'm watching a Cardinals baseball game and the Cards are getting blown out, the bats are cold, the pitching is abysmal, and our defense is one bauble after another, then I turn the channel. I don't know why but I can't watch the Cardinals getting trounced. I have to turn the channel to something else. However, I DO keep an eye on how things are going in that game by watching the MLB Gamecast. I just can't take watching it live if we're losing badly. Go figure.

Now the Rams are a completely different story. Even if we are getting our a$$es kicked to kingdom come, I can't turn it off. I'll be cussing like a drunken sailor the whole time, and making all kinds of promises to the football gods that I can't keep, but I have to watch. Why is there a difference in how I view the Cardinals baseball games and the Rams football games? Maybe it's because there are so few Rams games a season in comparison and I just can't miss any of it even if it's awful. There was ONE home game in St Louis back when we were season ticket holders and I can't even remember who we were playing, but it was such a game. We were totally disgusted that the Rams were for sure headed towards an L and we made the decision to leave the game in like the 3rd quarter. I think we listened to the rest of the game io the radio during the drive home and I'll be doggoned if the Rams didn't end up winning that game! We looked at each other and whined "DAMM... why did we leave??!!" And we decided no matter how dismal things looked, we would never leave a Rams game early again. I stay until the bitter end, no matter how good or how bad it turns out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2022 11:12AM by MamaRAMa.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So I watched the game with my son.... until mid 3rd quarter

RockRam320January 03, 2022 07:26AM

I don't know how you can do that....

JamesJM268January 03, 2022 07:34AM

Re: I don't know how you can do that....

oldschoolramfan157January 03, 2022 07:54AM

Re: So I watched the game with my son.... until mid 3rd quarter

moklerman54January 03, 2022 07:54AM

That was meant tongue in cheek. It's my anxiety level that's the real issue!

RockRam112January 03, 2022 09:07AM

Re: That was meant tongue in cheek. It's my anxiety level that's the real issue!

MamaRAMa42January 03, 2022 10:59AM

Re: So I watched the game with my son.... until mid 3rd quarter

Shecky45January 03, 2022 10:14AM