Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams not ruling out Sebastian Joseph-Day returning before playoffs

January 01, 2022 09:08AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Rams not ruling out Sebastian Joseph-Day returning before playoffs

Cameron DaSilva
January 1, 2022 7:59 am PT

Sebastian Joseph-Day became an important part of the defensive line since taking over as a starter in 2019, recording six sacks and 137 tackles in his first 39 games as a pro. But in Week 7, he injured his pectoral muscle and was placed on injured reserve.

It was initially unclear if he would be able to return this season, but the Rams left the door open for him to come back at some point. Sean McVay was asked about Joseph-Day’s status on Friday and he’s still not ruling out a potential return in time for the playoffs.

“I wouldn’t rule it out. That is something that I know he is done a great job. I have not really specifically talked about the exact timetable. There’s been a lot of moving parts – more so than ever before. Certainly wouldn’t be ready to rule that out of the equation, but I’ll probably be able to have a better answer for you after this week.”

Greg Gaines has done an outstanding job in place of Joseph-Day at nose tackle, but having both on the defensive line alongside Aaron Donald would make for an even better front in Los Angeles. That would allow A’Shawn Robinson to play more of a rotational role, too, keeping everyone fresh.

It’s still not certain that Joseph-Day will return in time for the playoffs, but at least McVay isn’t ruling it out.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams not ruling out Sebastian Joseph-Day returning before playoffs

BerendsenRam384January 01, 2022 09:08AM

If they get him back

merlin281January 01, 2022 09:37AM

Re: If they get him back

BerendsenRam158January 01, 2022 10:55AM

SJD in the rotation gives us a better run defense

mikeguman202January 01, 2022 12:24PM

Re: SJD in the rotation gives us a better run defense

Ohiorams205January 01, 2022 12:33PM

Re: SJD in the rotation gives us a better run defense