Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Von Miller loves playing alongside Greg Gaines: 'He's a great player'

December 21, 2021 09:37PM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Von Miller loves playing alongside Greg Gaines: 'He's a great player'

Cameron DaSilva
December 21, 2021 9:26 pm PT
There are a lot of big names on the Rams’ defensive front. Aaron Donald and Von Miller are future Hall of Famers, while Leonard Floyd is a former first-round pick who has stepped up with the Rams the last two seasons.

But Greg Gaines is a player who has really stepped up in the middle of the defensive line, playing nearly every snap each week. He’s become more than just a squatty run defender who doesn’t contribute much as a pass rusher, proving his pre-draft scouting report wrong.

Gaines recorded another two tackles and two more quarterback hits on Tuesday against the Seahawks, once again catching the eye of Von Miller. Miller even said Gaines is on a similar trajectory as Aaron Donald in terms of proving his doubters wrong.

“He can play some football, for sure,” Miller said. “You can say what you want about him. This, that, he’s not tall enough. But this guy, he can play. And they said some of the same things about 99 and he’s been proving guys wrong for years and I think Greg Gaines is on that same trajectory. He’s a great player and whenever you put the pads on, he can play. He can do anything you want him to do. I like working with Greg Gaines.”

.@VonMiller with high praise for @GregGaines99. pic.twitter.com/J09OVXZlJ8

— Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) December 22, 2021

Gaines became a starter in Week 8 when Sebastian Joseph-Day went down, recording three sacks and eight quarterback hits in his last seven games. Those are impressive numbers for a nose tackle, and he’s showing why he deserves to be in the mix as the best player at his position this season.

Miller and Donald can both see it, and it’s only a matter of time before the rest of the world does, too.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Von Miller loves playing alongside Greg Gaines: 'He's a great player'

BerendsenRam426December 21, 2021 09:37PM

Re: Von Miller loves playing alongside Greg Gaines: 'He's a great player'

BerendsenRam203December 22, 2021 08:50AM

I wonder what Gaines thinks of Miller..

sstrams372December 22, 2021 08:54AM

Re: I wonder what Gaines thinks of Miller..

BerendsenRam246December 22, 2021 09:02AM

BerendsenRam189December 22, 2021 01:35PM

RantoulRam126December 23, 2021 10:15AM

Sorry man..

sstrams141December 23, 2021 10:28AM

He thinks he's a hall of famer most likely

merlin94December 23, 2021 10:30AM

When I look at Greg I see a big over grown kid.....

roman1892December 23, 2021 10:51AM

Re: When I look at Greg I see a big over grown kid.....

BerendsenRam79December 23, 2021 11:08AM

Re: When I look at Greg I see a big over grown kid.....

Rams Junkie92December 23, 2021 11:14AM