Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sean McVay not committing to a starting RB vs. Seahawks

December 20, 2021 08:47AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Sean McVay not committing to a starting RB vs. Seahawks

Cameron DaSilva
December 20, 2021 5:42 am PT

NFL postpones Rams-Seahawks game to Tuesday
Sony Michel has done a nice job as the Rams’ starting running back while Darrell Henderson Jr. has been sidelined by both a thigh injury and COVID-19, but Sean McVay still isn’t committing to him as the team’s workhorse or starter now that Henderson is on his way back.

McVay spoke with reporters Sunday and indicated that the Rams will use Michel and Henderson as long as both are available, and he opted not to name a starter.

“We’ll use them both. Sony has done a great job these last couple weeks. We know how reliable Darrell is. So, both those guys, if they’re both up and available, we’ll utilize both those guys,” McVay said. “As far as the starter, who gets more, it’ll be a feel for the flow of the game. I look at it as like we have two starting backs and then you’ll have Mekhi (Sargent) and Jake (Funk) available, if need be, as well.”

This is mostly relevant to fantasy owners who have plugged in Michel to their starting lineup the last two weeks. He’s run the ball effectively and McVay likes the way that he fights for extra yards with his physicality, but Henderson is more of a big-play threat and a change-of-pace back.

Their contrasting styles make them a good one-two punch, keeping defenses off-balance. We’ll see how McVay deploys them and who gets more touches against the Seahawks on Tuesday, but there’s no reason to believe Michel will go back to the very limited workload he had before Henderson got hurt.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sean McVay not committing to a starting RB vs. Seahawks

BerendsenRam467December 20, 2021 08:47AM

I will help him

The_Zone256December 20, 2021 10:05AM

Re: I will help him

BerendsenRam132December 20, 2021 10:42AM

SONY!!! But....

Ramgator138December 20, 2021 10:45AM

Re: SONY!!! But....

BerendsenRam133December 20, 2021 01:33PM

Michel is better at pass pro too