Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay has a Roster full of talent

November 30, 2021 02:59AM
I find it hard to blame Snead. He has put together a roster full of talent. He has hired a good head coach. They just are not performing to the level of talent they have on the roster. Snead also has brought in replacements such as Michel, OBJ and Miller to give McVay and his staff the opportunity to succeed.

Yes they have injuries but it seems that the defense under Morris is a big fat flop and it is due to his bend don't break scheme. Fix the defense and get your big guns in playmaking situations.

Offensive Coordinator. McVay in game decision making is questionable. He also is slow, perhaps due to stubborness, to make changes to the game plan to counter what the defense is doing. This has been a problem for a few years dating back to the Chicago, Detroit and New England games during the Super Bowl year.

Not sure how to fix offensive coordinator position other than to turn over in game play calling. Perhaps if McVay wasn't so caught up in the weeds calling plays he could better see what changes need to be made to counter the defensive game plan. He could still guide the offense but not be hands on for every play. He has made some Boze decisions like going for it on 4th down in Rams territory only down by 7 in the first quarter. McVay seems to be pressing and it is impacting the entire team.

We also are going through another poor special teams year. Again that is a coaching issue.

To me it is simple: If you have the talent to win it is a coaching issue. McVay hires the coaches and he STB on Morris and on Special teams coach 2 years in a row. .

I love McVay and I think he will figure things out. He must know that the defense is under performing but it is hard to fix that in the middle of the season. He may have a blind spot on the offense and perhaps Snead could help him to see a better way so that we make the adjustments quickly and don't have to dig ourselves out of the hole every game.

The last think I will comment on is the slow starts on offense where the entire offense seems to be out of sync for the first few series. It seems to take Stafford a while before he gets warmed up an in the flow. Not sure what the issue is on this one but it is a problem and needs to be fixed.

Kroenke has spent the money, built a great stadium and has a great team running the show which includes McVay. I still have hope for this year and we may even get Akers back at some point. Time for a sit down with Morris and get him some help with game planning. And McVay will need to find a way to take a step back during the game so that he gains a better perspective of what is going on so that he can make the changes he needs on offense and defense.

Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom before you are ready to make the changes you need ot make to be succesful. It is not to late but it is time to change.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay is not the problem, Kronke and Snead are

Stafford9406November 29, 2021 06:16PM

Re: McVay is not the problem, Kronke and Snead are

SeattleRam191November 29, 2021 07:42PM

Ekern55414November 29, 2021 07:58PM

Ramit105November 30, 2021 02:01AM

McVay has a Roster full of talent

David Deacon113November 30, 2021 02:59AM

Re: McVay has a Roster full of talent