Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Searching for positives

November 28, 2021 08:08PM
Headslap75

<snipped>

B. Stafford right now is wildly inconsistent
he did hit two HRs and fired some good balls the Henderson TD stands out.... but others just missing behind receivers over head etc .... is he injured ? That's the big question mark ... I'm not sure I saw him fire balls throw balls deep etc
makes me feel like he's well enough to play...
Weird when you kinda hope your QB is dinged
Otherwise we just have a wildly erratic guy

He's a wildly erratic guy.

Alot of it, though, seems to occur early on in big games which tells me that he has butterflys before settling down. I think it's something that can be overcome, but Stafford just needs to work through it.

C. Special teams is just unacceptable and a real difference maker .... other than Gay on FGs we are a fail everywhere .... it pains me to say this because I like Hekker "the guy" but right now it's time to go find a street free agent punter.... the return game both sides of that I won't even comment y'all see it every week

Wasn't that Sony Michel back on KOR today? I thought that aspect was a little better today. But PR remains an absolute mess.

C. I'm not going to rip Morris or whatever ... but I will rip the fact that on 3rd and short our CBs are 8 yrds off the ball too much cushion it's gotta change .... we simply aren't getting teams off the field on 3rd down . It's killing both the defense and offense
Williams has regressed badly this year and it hurts he did have a few instances of solid coverage today but lost at times as well..

I'm not sure who you're gonna rip if it's not Morris. To me, the D-line was doing it's job today. Rodgers had to get rid of it quick. Morris should have been all over this by having his DB's lock up in man. But like you pointed out...they were giving up soft cushions all game long.

I don't know what to say about Williams...just night and day between this year and last.

Rapp Reeder just don't seem good enough

Reeder should be relegated to ST's only. I'm not sure what he's even decent at.

McVay seems to be in a play calling slump

Aside from that 4th down call early on (which was truly desperate), I thought McVay's play-calling was pretty good. He stuck with the run early on which is a positive. He (McVay) just can't overcome poor execution (i.e. Stafford missing wide-open receivers) which kills drives.

Henderson seems a bit maligned in this forum
he seems fine to me runs hard .... the games and falling behind and offense sitting on sideline has screwed up the rhythm of this offense gotta be moving chains staying n front of the down and distance to stick with it ....

Hendu's problem is that once a defender lays a finger on him...he goes down. Doesn't make anybody miss and can't break a tackle. Really, REALLY miss Akers.

7-4 I still believe in this team .... short of a epic meltdown I believe we are 8-4 after next Sunday ... setting up a big game with the Cards
Win that and we will all feel better at 9-4 ... so let's do that

I agree.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Searching for positives

Headslap75423November 28, 2021 06:08PM

sfbayram142November 28, 2021 07:29PM

ramBRO201November 28, 2021 08:08PM

I have some

Ramsdude195November 29, 2021 04:46AM