Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Von Miller reached out to Odell Beckham Jr.'s dad in recruiting pitch for Rams

November 22, 2021 09:40AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Von Miller reached out to Odell Beckham Jr.'s dad in recruiting pitch for Rams

Cameron DaSilva
November 22, 2021 5:24 am PT

Loading your audio article

Von Miller didn’t play for the Rams in Week 9 after he was traded by the Broncos, missing the team’s loss to the Titans with an ankle injury. However, he was still putting in work behind the scenes before he took the field with his new teammates.

Miller was an integral part of the Rams’ recruiting pitch to Odell Beckham Jr., who signed with Los Angeles after the Browns released him. Miller was on FOX Sports Sunday and shared some details of his recruitment of Beckham, revealing that he even reached out to Beckham’s dad.

“First and foremost, OBJ, that’s my brother,” Miller said. “And it was his birthday when he got released and I just shot him a text like, ‘Hey, man. Happy birthday. And if you get a chance, you should come to the Rams.’ He said he wasn’t sure because he still had to clear waivers. He cleared waivers and we just started to text and text. I talked to his dad, as well. I reached out to his dad, I was like, ‘Hey man, what can we do to get OBJ?’ I told him it was a great culture here, great coaches, great teammates, and I told him he would love it here and boom, he came to L.A.”

Miller and Beckham both made their Rams debuts against the 49ers in Week 10, though neither of them were full-time players. Beckham was limited to two catches and only 15 snaps played, while Miller played just 66% of the defensive snaps – a number that should increase in Week 12 against the Packers.

Beckham and Miller are expected to be bigger parts of the game plan this week when the Rams travel to Green Bay to take on the Packers, with Beckham taking over as the No. 2 or 3 receiver and Miller starting opposite Leonard Floyd on the edge.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Von Miller reached out to Odell Beckham Jr.'s dad in recruiting pitch for Rams

BerendsenRam126November 22, 2021 09:40AM