Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OntarioRam doesn’t hold back on his postgame commentary…

November 16, 2021 10:44AM
Here’s OntarioRam…

With Akers and Woods, the Rams are just barely tough enough at the skill positions to win a slug-fest. The Rams are a finesse team either way. But with Akers and Woods, its gives us *just* enough jam to play a tougher style of football. Woods is a very tough runner after the catch, despite his skinny frame. He is also an elite run blocker, as far as WRers go, and opens thing up with his pre-snap movement, which lets you run the ball more. Akers also has a much more physical running style than Hendo. If Hendo even tried to be a bruiser, he'd only get injured.

Losing Mundt hurts as well - he is valuable in two TW sets.

Without the aove players, this team will never score enough points on physical fronts.

How can you build a football team that, after losing only 2 players, none of which are your QB or WR1, completely falls apart physically?

This all, of course, ultimately falls on McVay and Snead. The team is built in their image. All they want to do is be pass happy. That is NOT a recipe for a deep playoff run. It can win you some games, and you need a passing game with explosive plays. But diversity of attack is just as important.

Look at our yards per carry. The running lanes are there. The offensive line is playing great. Why are the RBs not being used?

Even with a prime Gurley, McVay still didn't want to run the football. If you won't run the football with a top 3 RB of the decade, with simultaneously only a middling QB in Goff, you need your head examined.

It has been at least 5 years of the same mistakes. "I need to self reflect". " I need to put players in a better position to succeed". "We have to do some soul searching". "That's not who we are". At this point, he is either lying, or simply incapable of adjusting. At this point, I am just as offended by McVay's lines as I was by Jeff Fisher's "we'll fix that".

I think the Rams will be in danger of losing the room soon. That leads to a crossroads. Do we become a huge dumpster fire? Or does the coaching staff FINALLY make adjustments?

Ramsey already was giving Morris some smack talk - rightfully so.

Whitworth after the loss to the Titans already commented that the offensive line was opening up running lanes and holding up well in pass pro to hit a variety of short and intermediate routes - but McVay kept calling long developing pass plays, for some crazy reason, against a tenacious pass rush. How much longer until the offensive line says "enough is enough"?

Ass kickings happen to every team. 7-3 is still a good record. There is nothing wrong with being a wild card or playing on the road in playoffs. None of that stuff matters. The only reason I am pessimistic that this team will ever go anywhere with McVay at the helm is because the Rams lose the same way, consistently, for several years on end. The sample size is undeniable at this point. Any team with the horses to out muscle us will do so. We will have no answer. We'll be bounced in embarrassing fashion.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OntarioRam doesn’t hold back on his postgame commentary…

Rams43414November 16, 2021 10:44AM

Re: OntarioRam doesn’t hold back on his postgame commentary…

Rampage2K-142November 16, 2021 10:52AM

bottom line: run the ball more and stop the run

ferragamo79145November 16, 2021 10:58AM

Re: bottom line: run the ball more and stop the run

Rampage2K-116November 16, 2021 11:31AM

MamaRAMa121November 16, 2021 11:27AM

Rampage2K-148November 16, 2021 11:35AM

The Rams are a finesse team with no weapons

Stafford997November 16, 2021 11:40AM

Re: The Rams are a finesse team with no weapons

Rampage2K-110November 16, 2021 11:47AM

Re: The Rams are a finesse team with no weapons

RamsAl4888November 16, 2021 01:24PM

MacKeyser unloads in this beauty, too…

Rams43213November 16, 2021 01:51PM

More Mackeyser (from same thread)

Rams43100November 16, 2021 01:59PM

Again, total BS

JimYoungblood5374November 16, 2021 04:12PM

Mackeyser is on a roll with yet another gem…

Rams4391November 16, 2021 02:10PM

Didn't happen

JimYoungblood5367November 16, 2021 04:08PM

First drive

JimYoungblood5373November 16, 2021 05:10PM