Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: OK I have to ask the question

November 13, 2021 05:11AM
AlbaNY_Ram
Short answer: no

Not being in the room I can only speculate, but the conversation is probably along the lines of 'we have a shot this year, and we have a better shot if we get Stafford, DJax, Miller, and OBJ'. I can't imagine Kroenke saying that he'd approve the moves only if Snead and McVay guaranteed at trip to the Super Bowl.

Right now the Rams are the 2nd favorite to win the NFC at +350 (behind TB's +280). [bookies.com]

On September 28th they were +650.

That's what the Rams have done: they have improved their chances. I gotta believe Kroenke understands that 'improving your chances' isn't the same thing as a guarantee.

In short you go after players as and coaches that are going to make your team more competitive. If we get to nfc championship or deep in the playoffs nothing is wasted. We all have Superbowl expectations but only two teams make it. Last year Tampa went all in and signed everyone and it worked. But would it have been a failure if they lost Superbowl? Look at them the year before I would say drastic improvement. You take any chance to make your team better in the present your never promised the future. Things change players leave, coaches leave, injuries, suspensions, fines, etc. You control the only thing you can manage the present.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OK I have to ask the question

joram215November 13, 2021 02:47AM

AlbaNY_Ram114November 13, 2021 03:42AM

nicecatchellard84November 13, 2021 05:11AM