Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Matthew Stafford unhappy with performance vs. Titans: 'I basically spotted them 14 points'

November 07, 2021 09:16PM
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Matthew Stafford unhappy with performance vs. Titans: 'I basically spotted them 14 points'

Cameron DaSilva
November 7, 2021 9:31 pm PT
Matthew Stafford was a big reason for the Rams’ success in the first eight weeks. He was also a major part of their terrible performance against the Titans on Sunday night. In fact, he’s more to blame for the 28-16 loss than anyone else on the team.

He threw two costly interceptions in the second quarter, setting the Titans up at the 2-yard line and handing them a touchdown with a pick-six on his very next pass attempt. It was by far his worst performance as a Ram, making uncharacteristic mistakes that proved costly.

But as a good quarterback always does, he looked in the mirror and recognized the fact that he didn’t play well enough to help his team win this game.

“The first one, guy’s got a hold of me, I’ve just got to do a better job probably just falling on that one or throwing it over Robert’s head earlier,” he said in his press conference. “Was maybe just trying to get back through it. Can’t have that. I mean, I basically spotted them 14 points. Can’t do that in the NFL, especially against a good team like that that wants to get out in front, run the football, mix coverages, do all that kind of stuff. Just wasn’t good enough early in the game. Turnovers really killed us and those are on me, so if I clean those up and I know I will, I’ve got a lot of confidence in this team to go out there and play some really good football.”

The INT that set up the @titans touchdown!

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BerendsenRam154November 07, 2021 09:16PM

basically? How about DID

JimYoungblood5391November 07, 2021 09:25PM

Re: basically? How about DID

Classicalwit172November 07, 2021 09:28PM