Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: GMFB on Goff this morning

October 20, 2021 02:40PM
moklerman
Rampage2K-

I try to stay out of all the Goff post and really just think there is no need to keep posting it, its time to move on ...with all the dragging of Goff lately on here I thought I'd post this....I really don't get the glee some seem to get with Goff being trashed confused smiley

as a fan who suffered through over decade of QB's who couldn't win 8 games let alone 5 games for many seasons, I will always appreciate and respect what Goff did here in helping turn this losing franchise into a winning one. I'm happy as hell we have Stafford right now, but wish Goff nothing but the best and hopefully he too will get out of Detroit soon and get another chance with a better team.
It's too bad that Goff wasn't nearly as instrumental in turning the team around as McVay was. Goff couldn't win under Fisher, underperformed against Atlanta in '17 and again against NE in '18 and then dropped off a cliff once he signed his mega deal that he didn't deserve.

I find it very difficult to have warm feelings about Goff. He cost us an enormous amount of money and draft capital and even McVay couldn't keep him productive.

I think you're missing the point they made in the segment, it wasn't just McVay playing puppet master..Goff showed up big time in some big time games...that shouldn't be forgotten or passed off as all McVay. People seem to forget that if is wasn't for Goff we wouldn't have Stafford right now either... Lions passed up better offers because they wanted Goff and also that he helped make the Rams a top contender that helped lure a player like Stafford to even want to play here.....Goff had Kupp in the Super Bowl we probably win that game and it wasn't Goff getting steam rolled by the Packers offense in the playoffs last year, in fact he and Cam were about the only ones who showed up that day
also, most would argue giving up a few draft picks for the pro bowl level play and a trip to a Super Bowl was well worth it.
You might not agree, but it is all true.

Don't get me wrong, I love what we have now at QB and hope he can in the very least get us back to where Goff already did in winning an NFC Championship.... but I still will always cherish some of the best of times I've ever had as a Rams fan when Goff was helping us win some of the most exciting games we've ever witnessed

Can't wait to see Stafford get us past that last hurdle and win it allbeer cheer smiley

[www.instagram.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

GMFB on Goff this morning

Rampage2K-848October 20, 2021 11:26AM

Wonder if anyone shows to actually watch the game?

JamesJM326October 20, 2021 12:36PM

moklerman211October 20, 2021 01:48PM

Rampage2K-331October 20, 2021 02:40PM

Re: Sing It !!!

leafnose253October 21, 2021 03:04AM

Re: Sing It !!!

RAMSINCE ARNETT181October 21, 2021 05:40AM

GMFB on Goff this morning: Agree with your thoughts Rp2K

Anonymous User229October 20, 2021 02:01PM

Agree 100% - he is a good dude