Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams vs. Giants will be a homecoming game for Sebastian Joseph-Day

October 14, 2021 10:36AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva
October 14, 2021 11:51 am PT

No West Coast team enjoys traveling across the country for an early 1 p.m. ET kickoff on the East Coast. The time difference is a real factor, which often gives the home team an advantage. But Sebastian Joseph-Day has plenty of reasons to be excited for the Rams’ upcoming trip to East Rutherford for Sunday’s game against the Giants.

Joseph-Day is from Stroudsburg, Penn., which is only a little more than an hour from MetLife Stadium. He also played college football at Rutgers, which is just 15 minutes south of the Giants’ home stadium.

With most of his family living on the East Coast, attending games in Los Angeles can be difficult. But this weekend, Joseph-Day will have plenty of familiar faces in the crowd.

“(The vibes) are going to be sensational, immaculate, all that and more,” Joseph-Day told team reporter Stu Jackson on Wednesday. “I’m always super excited, man, to be able to play in front friends and family – not just my family, but now friends, coaches, family, so it’s it’s gonna be an awesome experience.”

Joseph-Day told Jackson that Sunday’s game will be just the third time his parents will have the chance to watch him play in person. Considering he’s played 36 NFL games in his career, it’s been a rare occurrence for him to play in front of his parents.

Because of how many people he knows in the area, Joseph-Day sees this game as a homecoming for himself, returning to the area where he spent so many years.

“So I have a lot of ties in Jersey,” he said. “It’s gonna be honestly like a homecoming to me, so I’m super excited and I’m just you know proud to just you know represent the LA Rams over there in Jersey and represent Jersey (and Pennsylvania) at the same time so I’m just excited man. It’s gonna be lit.”

Joseph-Day has been an important player for the Rams this season, making 30 tackles with two sacks and four QB hits. He’s already matched his career-high in sacks through just five games and is one off his career best in QB hits, so he’s on a torrid pace compared to the numbers he’s put up in recent years.

Grabbing his third sack of the year in front of his family on Sunday would be quite the way to show out at MetLife Stadium.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BerendsenRam102October 14, 2021 10:36AM