Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sean McVay doesn't care about unimpressive records of Rams' upcoming opponents

October 10, 2021 09:36AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva
October 10, 2021 5:00 am PT

Thursday night’s win over the Seattle Seahawks was huge for the Los Angeles Rams because not only did they bounce back from an ugly loss to the Arizona Cardinals, but they set themselves up for a long winning streak in the next few weeks.

Coming off that win, the Rams will face four teams that are at or below .500 in the next four weeks. Prior to Sunday’s kickoffs, here are the records of the Rams’ next four opponents, which are likely to look worse after Week 5 concludes.

Giants: 1-3
Lions: 0-4
Texans: 1-3
Titans: 2-2
Sean McVay doesn’t care what their records are, though. He’s not overlooking anyone and as we saw last season when the Jets upset the Rams at SoFi Stadium, anything can happen in a given week. It’s why people lose so much money betting on the NFL, McVay says.

“Even though the records are what they are, there’s a reason why every single week there are those one or two results that make you say, ‘I cannot believe that happened.’ It’s why people lose a lot of money betting on NFL games week in and week out,” he said Friday. “You’ve got to show up. I say this to the team all the time, the thing that’s so amazing about the NFL is the best team doesn’t always win, but the team that plays the best in the three-hour span that you get is who wins the game. And there’s a lot of things that factor into who wins and losses and what happens in that window of time. But for us, we want to always be inside out. I said that a couple of weeks ago, but it is true. We’ve got to be inside out. We focus on our process, our preparation, and let’s not lose sight on — I don’t care what the Giants’ record is. They’re pretty competitive. They’re coming off of a really big-time win against an excellent football team last weekend. We’ll see what they do this weekend, but there’s no letdowns in this league. And if you think there are, then you get humbled real quickly and that’s just the truth.”

The Giants aren’t the most impressive team on paper, but as McVay said, they did just beat the Saints, who blew out the Packers in Week 1. That doesn’t mean the Giants are a better team than the Saints, or that New Orleans is better than Green Bay, but it’s an example of the phrase, “any given Sunday.”

Despite being 7.5-point favorites over the Giants next weekend, the Rams can’t overlook this team. Otherwise, we could have a similar letdown to the one they had last season against a different New York team.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BerendsenRam151October 10, 2021 09:36AM