Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 4 analysis, Cardinals

October 06, 2021 08:01AM
I turned it off in the 4th quarter.

And hats off to the Cardinals for playing basically mistake free football.

I am a fan of getting the wake up calls taken care of early in the year. I was much more worried about this game than I was about last week. And the media with the Mcvay 8-0 thing was like "jinx ... jinx ... jinx ... "

Sorry about missing last week, was just a pretty obvious game and I got overwhelmed with work stuff.

The Good

1) Running game. Henderson was getting 6-8 a clip and we were pushing them around.

2) Our guys were open.

3) The TD run by Stafford.

4) Floyd was beating his man often ...

5) Obo looked solid.

The Bad

6) I'm gonna highlight the choice Mcvay made accepting the penalty as not having a feel for this game ... which I believe is supported by his later not challenging the TD. They were totally capable of converting a 3rd and long ... and we would have gotten the ball back with a minute and the opportunity to go into half time with more points or at least some momentum if they kick a field goal ...

7) Higbee needed to bring that TD in. It was Stafford's best throw of the day. (Though likely not the right read)

8) On a 3rd down Kupp was doubled and Matt wouldn;t come of him to see Mundt running completely wide open on the other side of the field.

9) I know Connor is a beast, but it kinda looked like we let him walk in that second time.

10) Ramsey is an eraser. Not using him as that is a mistake when there is a top tier WR on the field ... he should have been used like that on PIttman week 2.

11) David Long and ball awareness. Yeah he's in AJ Green's hip pocket but he doesn't make a play on the ball.

12) Sony, bruh, you CANNOT FUMBLE THE FOOTBALL. I get it, he was behind you and it was a great whack, but ... no.

13) If Maxx Williams is eating us up, I have some bad news about what Kittle will do to us. Heck I'm worried about Everett tomorrow night.

The Ugly

14) One of the things we've done well as a defense is mostly contain mobile QBs. What the heck was today about?

15) Stafford's accuracy. Ive had him on my fantasy teams for years and he's maybe thrown this bad for 4 quarters once.

16) The third and 9 from their own 2 ... they're giving you a lay up, you know they're gonna run. How does a 55 yard run happen?

17) You know they're actively taking Kupp away on 3rd down. Who's job is it to notice that? I thought it was EVERYONES.

18) This is an "if" ... If the defense loses faith in the scheme it's gonna be a frustrating year.

19) Both 3rd and teens ... unacceptable.

20) Body language by the defense.

Things I think are needed.

21) McVay needs to address his strategy when not leading at halftime. We don't have enough comeback wins.

22) Use Rapp how he is meant to be used or put Burgess in.

23) If David Long keeps allowing tight completions put Rochelle in.

24) Garrett needs to get snaps.

25) Jake Funk needs reps at RB, Henderson cannot make an entire 10 play drive. He gets gassed.

26) Time to unleash Jacob Harris.

College

27) Some good games this week ... Penn State Iowa is circled ...

28) Lots of O line, CB, and RB talent ... (as note, the entire Cinci defense, but particularly the DBs, are phenomenal)

29) Anyone I should be eyeballing? Only a few big teams I haven't seen yet, Michigan, Ole Miss, Texas a and m and Iowa.

Comments and questions welcome ...

Also as note ... there was a Raheem Morris blast thread (I think by oldnotdead) ... wanna say I agree with it fully. I hated the hire.

Also, seeing Gilmore released ... I don't think we can pay him and others can that are likely playoff bound (Cowboys, Green Bay) ... but I'd like him over David Long as our 3rd ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2021 08:03AM by alyoshamucci.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 4 analysis, Cardinals

alyoshamucci287October 06, 2021 08:01AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 4 analysis, Cardinals

Rams43117October 06, 2021 08:09AM

LMU93121October 06, 2021 08:57AM

@lmu93

alyoshamucci96October 07, 2021 08:11AM

RAMbler111October 06, 2021 09:03AM