Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Les Snead wouldn't mind if Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray switched to baseball

October 05, 2021 12:24PM
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva
October 5, 2021 2:08 pm PT
It doesn’t get much more exhausting for a defense than facing Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson within four days of each other. That’s what the Rams are up against this week with the Seahawks on deck after their loss to the Cardinals on Sunday.

The Rams have played well against Wilson and Seattle in the last four years, but that doesn’t make him an easy quarterback to defend. In fact, he’s such a tough matchup that GM Les Snead would like to see him go play baseball – along with Murray, too.

Both players were drafted by MLB teams in the past and Murray seriously considered playing baseball over football, so they really do have the talent to succeed on the diamond.

“I want him to play baseball. Kyler and him can go play baseball,” Snead quipped on the “Coach McVay Show” Monday.

D’Marco Farr replied by saying, “at least for this week.” But that wouldn’t satisfy Snead.

“No, forever. Because next week means something, too,” Snead said. “So, hey, baseball, right? They get paid more in baseball, right? Why would you play football?”

As tough as it is to have these quarterbacks on the schedule in consecutive weeks, the Rams should be prepared for Wilson after chasing Murray around two days ago.

“That’s very fair to say. Nothing else I can say,” Snead said. “And I don’t know if y’all were able to see it, but John Wolford did a heck of a job last week. I guess the results may not say it but boy, did he run around out there like Russell Wilson. He was acting like, on the scout team, Kyler Murray.”

Murray had his way against the Rams defense, playing extremely well in Arizona’s 37-20 win. Hopefully Wilson will struggle a bit more on Thursday night, though the Rams shouldn’t expect that to be the case. He leads the NFL in passing yards per attempt and passer rating this season.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BerendsenRam84October 05, 2021 12:24PM