Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

After sleeping on this fubar…

October 04, 2021 08:19AM
Both McVay and Morris were outcoached yesterday and by a wide margin.

First, let’s talk about McVay.

His overall team wasn’t ready to play these Cards from start to finish.
Stafford was clearly struggling but the run game was kicking butt, so why not run the ball until the Cards were forced to come up and stop it? THEN go back to some passing.
But no, McVay stubbornly kept dialing up passes which Kingsbury knew he would do.
Wouldn’t be a bad idea to whisper in Stafford’s ear that Rams did have other great receivers on the field other than Kupp. Again, Cards D anticipated the constant Kupp targets and largely took them away.
How do Rams lose a home game when OL and run game are clicking and with a quality vet QB like Stafford surrounded by such receiving weapons? Mind boggling.
Card coaches studied and brilliantly schemed against Ram O tendencies and it succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. McVay needs to look in the mirror and self scout even though it’s a short week.
Rest assured that the Seahawks are studying this game film and will probably add a few wrinkles of their own. Better be prepared, Sean.

Now let’s talk about Morris.

I read that Cards only had to punt twice and at one point scored on 6 of 7 possessions. Ummmmm… WTH kind of D is THAT?
I failed to see Morris making any adjustments in this or any other game. Is he the anti-Staley?
WTH kind of a gameplan is it not to guarantee contain as Job One agains a QB like Murray? A 10 year old would do that, for crying out loud.
Morris’ D allowed 228 yards rushing. That is not a misprint.
Don’t know the TOP stats but I’m betting that they aren’t pretty. This is a major flaw in Morris’ scheme.
Gawd! Somebody tell Morris to insert Rochell for at least SOME of Long’s snaps. Would be impossible to be worse.
Use Ramsey to erase Seahawks most dangerous weapon. At least our secondary might then have a fighting chance. It’s old fashioned but it works.
Unleash the aggressiveness of DW and others and stop with this ‘prevent D’ kind of crap philosophy. It’s killing us and even Stevie Wonder can see that.
I would give strong consideration to giving snaps to Garrett at Edge. If he does well then give him more and more. What do you have to lose?
Tackling drills might be a good way to spend time in practice this week. Or is that too obvious?
Is AD sick? Or playing too many snaps? Doesn’t seem quite the same lately.
You are playing Rapp out of position, dammit! He should be a hybrid LB. Replace him with Burgess, Hughes, or whomever you please that has instincts and sufficient speed. QB’s are feasting on Rapp and Long. Fix it.
If you are unable or unwilling to discard this joke of a ‘soft zone’ D (or whatever you call it) then you should do the honorable thing and tender your resignation.

Now just a word about Stafford and Kupp.

They are 2 great players that had a terrible game at the worst possible time. Tons of credit should go to Cards players and coaches, btw. Both Stafford and Kupp will snap back, I’m sure, although I will say that Stafford has fallen into the trap of going to Kupp too much. Needs to spread it around a bit more to force D’s to cover everybody on every play.
If Kupp is double covered then somebody else is open, possibly wide open. Throw the damned ball to HIM.
Somehow, some way, you need to calibrate the range on DJ with his speed. He’s an incredible weapon but the underthrown balls are killing us.
Higbee should be getting even more targets, IMO, as well.

I do have 3 silver linings. Jefferson, Hendo, and the OL had fine games. Wish there were more.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

After sleeping on this fubar…

Rams43271October 04, 2021 08:19AM

Three things stand out to me....

RAMbler122October 04, 2021 08:47AM

Re: After sleeping on this fubar…

roman18102October 04, 2021 08:50AM

Passes were off comment

Rams_8189October 04, 2021 08:54AM

NO.....

roman1868October 04, 2021 09:18AM

was Kupp open deep in the 2nd half

Rams_81184October 04, 2021 09:20AM

IMO he was in a lot of double coverage deals and Matthew was trying to get it into a very small window....

roman1882October 04, 2021 09:29AM

While I appreciate diversity and keeping defenses guessing

Rams_8192October 04, 2021 08:52AM

IMO if anything they should have stayed more with the run....

roman18113October 04, 2021 09:23AM

Re: After sleeping on this fubar…

Classicalwit97October 04, 2021 08:54AM

Stafford was off is what I get from the comments

Rams_81104October 04, 2021 09:13AM

John Elway

moklerman87October 04, 2021 10:13AM