Rams RB Darrell Henderson will play Sunday against the Cardinals

October 01, 2021 10:45AM
[www.turfshowtimes.com]

After missing just one week, LA’s starting running back returns to action

By HoldenCantor Oct 1, 2021, 2:38pm CDT

Los Angeles Rams v Indianapolis Colts
Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images
The Los Angeles Rams get back a key piece this week in starting running back Darrell Henderson Jr. after missing this past week due to a rib injury. He was a game-time decision against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this past week so it was evident that Henderson would probably be good to go after another week. With the LA Rams getting into divisional play this week, having him back will be a huge boost in the ground game whether he’s playing 100% of the snaps or even a limited role.

Head Coach Sean McVay spoke about his availability Friday afternoon stating:

“ I don’t anticipate him not being able to go, he’s been good this week so no updates. Whether we put him as a limited participant or not, I don’t know that but he’s going to play (this sunday).”

LIVE: HC Sean McVay talks Cardinals preparation + matching up against Kliff Kingsbury [t.co]

— Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) October 1, 2021
The Athletics Jourdan Rodrigue stated that he worked on the sideline with head trainer Reggie Scott on Wednesday but was able to get involved in drills and team reps yesterday.

Running back Sony Michel filled in nicely in his place with 31 attempts for 115 yards while he missed time and also showed flashes of how he excels in pass protection. Having both backs active and healthy will be key down the stretch as they can prove to be one of the better running backs tandems in the league.

For this matchup Sunday I anticipate it being a 50/50 split in carries between Michel and Henderson just to be cautious with his rib cartilage injury. If all goes well for Michel in this one, we could see more of a share of carries in the future instead of having just one workhorse getting close to 100% of the snaps.

This is the perfect game for the two of them to shine as the Cardinals defense are allowing 140.7 yards per game on the ground, which is the fourth-lowest in the league.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sean McVay says Darrell Henderson Jr. will play vs. Cardinals

BerendsenRam150October 01, 2021 10:12AM

Re: Sean McVay says Darrell Henderson Jr. will play vs. Cardinals

Ramsdude92October 01, 2021 10:29AM

BerendsenRam89October 01, 2021 10:45AM

Fine, I guess

moklerman122October 01, 2021 11:57AM