Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Darrell Henderson Jr. not expected to play vs. Buccaneers today

September 26, 2021 08:57AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva
September 26, 2021 5:41 am PT

Rams’ RB Darrell Henderson, who is questionable for Sunday due to a rib injury, is not expected to play today vs. the Buccaneers, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 26, 2021

The Los Angeles Rams will likely be without their starting running back today against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Darrell Henderson Jr. is listed as questionable but according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Henderson is not expected to play.

He suffered a rib cartilage injury against the Colts in Week 2 and was unable to finish the game after exiting in the second half. Sony Michel replaced him and rushed for 46 yards on 10 carries, impressing Sean McVay in his limited action so far.

“I think he is very well suited because those guys, you never know. I mean, I don’t think he anticipated Darrell getting his ribs injured in the game last week, but he came in, stepped up, did a great job,” McVay said this past week. “You don’t ever really know exactly how the game’s going to unfold, but you have to prepare yourself mentally and physically to be ready to play every single snap. That’s what makes Sony a pro. You could see he was ready to go.”

The Rams host the Buccaneers today at 4:25 p.m. ET. The Rams aren’t at full strength, but neither are the Bucs with Antonio Brown (COVID-19) and Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder) ruled out.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BerendsenRam228September 26, 2021 08:57AM

Time for a pleasant surprise...

JamesJM67September 26, 2021 09:03AM

Sony's going to go off....

roman1890September 26, 2021 09:21AM

I noticed that...

JamesJM96September 26, 2021 09:24AM

I think so too

merlin37September 26, 2021 10:14AM

Rams’ Darrell Henderson unlikely to play vs. Bucs