Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A few thoughts after sleeping on it…

September 20, 2021 09:02AM
Rams43
The immobile Brady will not do well if Rams can pressure him as they did Wentz. Like, about 5 sacks, don’t you think?

If they play the same scheme on D, Brady will eat them alive 8 yards at a time getting the ball out before the rush can get to him. Plus the 2 or 3 three big play Gronk will make after breaking tackles.

Rams43
I applaud Morris for his scoring D but I dislike the bend not break aspect of his D. Takes away too many possessions from Stafford and this potent Ram O. More attacking, please.

I get the concept, but it wont' work on the Bucs or the two matchups after that. IMO, the biggest problem with this philosophy on D is that it makes 3 and outs really hard to come by - how many have the Rams had in the first two games? This effects field position and wears on the opponent's defense. Maybe Morris is just waiting for the defense to settle in. I would like to see some direction for McVay here. He should trust his offense to put up numbers and allow the D to be more aggressive even if it opens up the potential for some more big plays by the opposing team.

Rams43
Kenny Young learned a hard lesson in a very public venue, didn’t he? Doubt he ever forgets it, either.

In Young's defense, the contact was clearly accidental. But it doesn't happen if he keeps his cool. Great leadership by AD and Ramsey though, FWIW.

Rams43
Well, on a positive note, Rams did beat 2 ‘pretty good’ teams in the Bears and Colts. That’s no small thing, certainly. But the Bucs are the defending SB champs and a whole different order of magnitude as a challenge. IOW, this test will tell us a lot about where Rams stand in the NFC pecking order in terms of coaching, players, and gametime adjustments. Can’t wait.

The early lines in Vegas are Rams as slight favorites or pickem. That surprises me. If I were a betting man, I would take the Bucs to win by 3+.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few thoughts after sleeping on it…

Rams43504September 20, 2021 08:41AM

CeeZar220September 20, 2021 09:02AM

Rams43117September 20, 2021 11:06AM

CeeZar97September 20, 2021 12:18PM

MamaRAMa128September 20, 2021 11:12AM

droopy161September 20, 2021 09:39AM

Rams43282September 20, 2021 11:03AM

Ekern55191September 20, 2021 11:57AM