Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few thoughts after sleeping on it…

September 20, 2021 08:41AM
Hopefully, McVay has been saving a few things for the Bucs that he didn’t want on film vs Bears and Colts.

I’m praying that Morris has, too.

Sloppy tackling in these first 2 games will kill us if continues against the Bucs. This may be Job One for Morris this week.

DeCamillus has got lots of work to do, huh? Other than Gay, our ST have been underwhelming. Scarcely better than Bonamego, tbh.

Stafford will need all his skills vs the Bucs. Not that he can’t do it, but that his A game will be required in this one.

Michel kinda impressed me when he was thrown in there. Lots to be said for a RB that gets 4 yards a pop consistently.

Hendo just can’t stay healthy, can he? Lasted just 7 quarters into the season. Hopefully, it’s nothing major. But is it time for Snead to go to Plan C for this RB room?

Our OL is playing well. Ironic since that was a big offseason concern. If McVay turns them loose I think we could have a helluva running game and they’re already good in pass pro.

Anybody missing Blythe? Me neither.

Bucs will no doubt sell out to contain Kupp so others must pick up the slack. Might get a taste of DJ going deep this week.

More Higbee targets, please. Unleash the Higbeast!

The immobile Brady will not do well if Rams can pressure him as they did Wentz. Like, about 5 sacks, don’t you think?

I applaud Morris for his scoring D but I dislike the bend not break aspect of his D. Takes away too many possessions from Stafford and this potent Ram O. More attacking, please. This Ram D is loaded with players built for aggression so why not take full advantage? Yeah, 2-0 is nice but it would be so much nicer with less drama. I crave Ram blowouts, dammit!

Is Hekker injured? Nothing else would properly explain his performance. And that fubar of a punt attempt was one for the record books. Screwups simultaneously by Orzech, Scott, and Hekker. Not to mention that Hekker did not enthusiastically attempt to fall on that ball in the end zone. That could have been the ballgame right there. Sigh…

Did I mention that Ram tackling has GOT to improve?

Thank goodness this Buc game is at home.

I understand that refs can’t call holding on AD every single play. I get that. But the blatant chokehold ones are not being called either? Really? It’s a travesty.

Kenny Young learned a hard lesson in a very public venue, didn’t he? Doubt he ever forgets it, either.

No disrespect intended to other Ram players, but where would we be without Stafford, AD, Kupp, and Ramsey yesterday? Think about it.

Well, on a positive note, Rams did beat 2 ‘pretty good’ teams in the Bears and Colts. That’s no small thing, certainly. But the Bucs are the defending SB champs and a whole different order of magnitude as a challenge. IOW, this test will tell us a lot about where Rams stand in the NFC pecking order in terms of coaching, players, and gametime adjustments. Can’t wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2021 08:43AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few thoughts after sleeping on it…

Rams43507September 20, 2021 08:41AM

Re: A few thoughts after sleeping on it…

CeeZar224September 20, 2021 09:02AM

Rams43120September 20, 2021 11:06AM

CeeZar100September 20, 2021 12:18PM

MamaRAMa131September 20, 2021 11:12AM

droopy164September 20, 2021 09:39AM

Rams43285September 20, 2021 11:03AM

Ekern55193September 20, 2021 11:57AM