Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What I find interesting in all this

September 17, 2021 07:42AM
Is that McVay mentions being better on third down then goes into specifics on how the QB affects that. But running the ball well also affects third down.

My concern with the run game is the early efficiency. I don't want the Rams to be a plodding run-game offense. Just run it with efficiency when the game is in doubt. That run game push we saw late vs the Bears they were ready for their post-game showers.

So where we end up on that run game scale is still tbd. And it is important irt our ability to survive in the playoffs and be the last team standing. Reg season you can rack up big win totals without it. But come the playoffs you gotta have some balance.

Lastly the Colts run a similar scheme to us on defense. They also play quite a bit of two deep looks, so by that nature are a defense like ours that requires you to drive the field and as a result are weak vs the run game due to a lot of light boxes. Their gameplan will be to force the Rams to kick field goals, each one we kick being a win for them. So this is a game where we should get a steady dose of runs going and hopefully the early game efficiency will be there. If not, this is a game we could lose.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams hour on Sirius

leafnose378September 17, 2021 04:00AM

I don't necessarily expect that to change over the next two weeks.

Ram_Ruler130September 17, 2021 04:05AM

Way too much is being made of the run plays and the OL

RockRam140September 17, 2021 04:17AM

Re: Way too much is being made of the run plays and the OL

JYB113September 17, 2021 04:58AM

Sure. That no doubt played a role. (nm)

RockRam40September 17, 2021 05:25AM

What I find interesting in all this

merlin112September 17, 2021 07:42AM

Maybe it was just me but I thought the run game looked MUCH better in second half.

Ramgator93September 17, 2021 07:46AM

Re: Maybe it was just me but I thought the run game looked MUCH better in second half.

Rams43184September 17, 2021 08:41AM