Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: His 1st overall statement is what I am afraid of.....

September 17, 2021 06:48AM
roman18
When he says it's all about the win and how the O gets them an early leg up. How he goes on to say that allows them to dictate to the other team and I strongly disagree. They dictated squat defensively.....they allowed an offensive line in a shambles to run for over 130 yards.....they would allow 3rd down conversions at a high rate. The passing yards they allowed may have been small in nature, but were huge in getting 1st downs...

They had 2 chances early on to put this game out of reach and instead they allowed them to have 2 drive (1 90 and 1 80) to make it a 1 score game into the 3rd. They play D like that against many of our upcoming games and it's going to be a nightmare.

I mentioned about him speaking this way before the season started, he also has this "MAD thing going..Making big plays on D to change the outcome...fumbles, INT's sacks.....I still feel that the most dramatic thing this D could do would be to force as many 3 and outs as possible to give our O the field.....They had the ball more then we did....their O was in play more then ours.....IMO that is not a good strategy and it's going to cause issues going forward...I love TO's and sacks for sure and always like to see them, but 3 and outs can be just as damaging, if not more if done so than not.

I want to see improvement on that 3rd down conversion rate, and a huge cut down on the other teams 1st downs....That will go in line with time of possession....an O like ours needs that as a positive for us...makes us much more dominant overall IMO.

Yeah, Morris has yet to win me completely over too, roman.

Better run D and eliminating that sloppy tackling still needs to be demonstrated on the field before I completely buy into what Morris is selling.

Perhaps it’s just the rust? I sure hope so and the Rams can prove that on the field vs Colts. If they do then I’m a happy camper.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Los Angeles Rams Transcripts - Defensive Coordinator Raheem Morris, Offensive Coordinator Kevin O'Connell, DL Aaron Donald - September 16, 2021

Shaky318September 16, 2021 05:31PM

His 1st overall statement is what I am afraid of.....

roman18139September 17, 2021 04:19AM

There might be a misinterpretation of what Morris means

RockRam141September 17, 2021 04:42AM

Re: His 1st overall statement is what I am afraid of.....

Rams43191September 17, 2021 06:48AM