Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

There might be a misinterpretation of what Morris means

September 17, 2021 04:42AM
I understand your concern. That said, there is no way that McVay would ever hire Morris with the intent to just kind of wait to see what happens with our O scoring points, and not do much to stop the run. Or to back away from the Staley D at all. Just remember: the Staley D wasn't perfect. GB knocked the crap out of it, and it allowed the Niners to rack up points and beat us in 2 games.

So all I think he's really saying is that he wants to focus on take-a-ways (although I don't think I've heard a D coach who doesn't say something similar).
The Colts will be a good test if for no other reason than both teams have now played a full regular season 4 quarter game and so have had a chance to knock the rust the off and see how certain facets of their O's and D's worked in game 1.

I like the way Morris is deploying Ramsey, except it puts him in more harms way. The problem is that Ramsey was getting really bored playing outside CB because he's so good teams just didn't throw his way very much. Ramsey is the type of white-hot competitor that needs what Morris is doing with him. You could just see his enthusiasm and enjoyment of it as he ripped the Bears O time after time. The Rams can only do this because they have a deep secondary.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Los Angeles Rams Transcripts - Defensive Coordinator Raheem Morris, Offensive Coordinator Kevin O'Connell, DL Aaron Donald - September 16, 2021

Shaky318September 16, 2021 05:31PM

His 1st overall statement is what I am afraid of.....

roman18140September 17, 2021 04:19AM

There might be a misinterpretation of what Morris means

RockRam141September 17, 2021 04:42AM

Re: His 1st overall statement is what I am afraid of.....

Rams43192September 17, 2021 06:48AM