Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few thoughts after the Bears game…

September 13, 2021 09:46AM
I’m gonna try to avoid things already pointed out in posts by others.

This will be a stream of consciousness thing in no particular order of importance. Here goes…

Yep we have a top notch QB, one that can get us to the SB if others do their jobs. And of course the trade was worth it despite the costs. Anybody still not seeing that is just dug in and being stubborn. Sorry.

I hope and pray that the following problems were just because of rustiness due to starters being held out during preseason games:

Run D. Was it personnel, scheme, or rustiness?
Run game. Early blocking and yardage gained were almost nonexistent.
Lack of pressure on Dalton. Dalton was waaay too comfortable back there. A better QB could have killed us last night.
Can’t lose TOP by 10 minutes against a quality team. It would be the kiss of death.
Is Morris up for this job? Anybody expecting a dominant D performance came away disappointed.
WTH did Morris have Floyd dropping into coverage so much while Dalton remained comfortable in the pocket?

I will say this. There is some evidence that the problem was largely of rust. For example, the Rams OL started blowing open big holes late in the 4th quarter.

There were some things I really liked.

Stafford speaks explosive plays, doesn’t he? Talk about seeing the field. And then the arm, accuracy, and willingness to throw it deep. Goodness.

At least 4 different guys caught explosive plays. The importance of that problem for future defending opponents can’t be overstated.

Nagy felt forced to attempt 4 different times to convert on 4th down. Stafford had convinced him that punting was not an option if he hoped to win this game. Bears failed on all 4 attempts. Hot Damn!

Hendy looked great when his OL finally started opening holes. I mean, quick as a hiccup fast.

Higbee is gonna be a big part of this Ram O this year.

Our slot CB position is gonna be just fine with Long/Rochell rotating around Ramsey in his ‘Star’ role.

Allen did pretty well at OC last night. Maybe we can all exhale now?

Anybody still think Jefferson isn’t a legit deep threat?

Rams’ performance vs NFC West will decide everything.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few thoughts after the Bears game…

Rams43278September 13, 2021 09:46AM

Re: A few thoughts after the Bears game

BumRap158September 13, 2021 10:41AM