Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just for anyone's interest... Drew Boylhart draft view

August 25, 2021 11:59AM
Sony Michel RB Georgia

TALENT
ROUND 1
STRENGTHS
Sony reminds me a lot of a former running back from Auburn Cadillac Williams. He has the size, speed and vision that makes his style of running between the tackles shock and disorientate defensive players the same way a suspect reacts to a flash/bang grenade used by a swat team to enter a building and disorientate its suspects. He might be the fastest running back in this draft but he brings more to the table than just speed. He has good vision and has good lateral agility to make cuts when he needs to make them and this along with his speed is what makes his flash/bang style so explosive for an offense. Sony doesn’t have to touch the ball much in a game too score and impact a game. He has good enough hands to catch the ball out of the back field and in open space defenses have to react quickly or like the road runner in those cartoons he will go beep beep, and leave those defenders in a dust while looking up at the big screen watching how far the defenders he left are behind him. Sony is the type of impact player every offense needs because of his ability to score when given the ball any place on the field.

CONCERNS
The biggest issues of concern for teams in drafting Sony will be the medicals. The other issue is how much to use him to keep him healthy. If your thinking this kid is going to carry your running game and be your featured back than you might want to re think that. Sony is a flash/bang player and that’s how he should be used. His upright style of running is susceptible to fumbling and knee injuries if he touches the ball too much during a game and speed RB’s are affected more by injuries than other RB’s who do not rely on speed to impact.

BOTTOM LINE
To suggest that a running back is susceptible to knee injuries and fumbling is like suggesting a NASCAR driver is susceptible to a car crash. I mean it’s pretty obvious and taken for granted but there are some running backs that are more susceptible than others because of size and style of running. All I’m saying is with Sony, because he doesn’t have to touch the ball as much as other running backs do to impact in a game “controlling” his touches to limit the injury percentages would seem to be a smart move to me. Like I stated before, speed running backs have a difficult time playing with injuries and injures affect their ability to impact more than running backs that do not rely on speed to impact. Nevertheless, selecting Sony early in this draft seems like a smart more to me if you want to add a flash/bang player to your offense who can impact at anytime and at any point and at anyplace on the field.

Drew Boylhart FEB.2018
[www.thehuddlereport.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sony Michel - Every + Catch & Run - 2020 NFL Season

ramzilla576August 25, 2021 07:25AM

Re: Sony Michel - Every + Catch & Run - 2020 NFL Season

Rams43265August 25, 2021 08:34AM

Totally fine with this

moklerman189August 25, 2021 09:49AM

could be more evidence of a more power running offense

LMU93183August 25, 2021 10:21AM

Maybe Mundt plays more of that Hybrid TE FB role