Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Riverumbbq with some strong opinions on Rams OL…

August 22, 2021 05:49PM
Here’s Riverumbbq…

What was it, something like 10 OL penalties with more than half of them coming in the 1'st quarter ? That was indeed ugly, but overall the OL ended up playing better than last week once we get beyond those penalties. Both Funk & Jones ran far better behind today's Rams OL than they did against the Chargers. The first half began with the same personnel at OL as last week, so you might want to attribute some of that improvement to building chemistry, but those penalties kind of dismantle that theory. It's easy to wonder how well Funk & Jones might perform behind the first team offense, but it's not enough for me to stop desiring a waivered/traded/or cut veteran RB for a team making a potential Super Bowl run. Funk had 7 carries for 56 yards and an 8 ypc average while Xavier Jones had 7 carries for 29 yards and a 4.1 ypc average.
It seems to me that Alaric Jackson has won the LT#3 job and will be impossible to hang on to if we were to attempt to waiver him to the practice squad, he's really become the surprise of the unit. On the other hand, it appears that Chandler Brewer is becoming the sacrificial lamb, so to speak, as he's been moved out of his former LT role and had to play two different positions in two weeks, positions he hasn't played since pre-season of 2019. He may have improved slightly over last week, but he still struggled while dividing time between LG & RT. Anchrum also had his own struggles at RT during the first half today and was kept out of returning to the game after what was hopefully a minor leg or foot injury. Shelton seemingly held is own while splitting time with Kolone again, and seems to be solidifying his #3 Center role. Meredith split time at RG last week and split time at LG tonight, so his trajectory as a potential swing OG/Center continues. Evans continues to disappoint at RG and I struggle trying to understand why management still tries to force this square peg through a round hole, why are they so focused on this rather than allow him to try to regain some confidence at the one position he had a modicum of success at, RT ?

I believe the entire OL is safe from the next round of roster cuts, game # 3 in Denver next week is going to be decisive for settling the future for a few of these players, so bring your 'A' game boys, you're going to need it. jmo.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Riverumbbq with some strong opinions on Rams OL…

Rams43766August 22, 2021 05:49PM

Rams OL questions

LMU93317August 23, 2021 05:11AM

Brewer was an Opt out last year

RockRam168August 23, 2021 05:29AM

Re: Brewer was an Opt out last year

LMU93123August 23, 2021 05:47AM

$1mil for a back-up OL guy is super cheap.

RockRam106August 23, 2021 08:24AM

Re: $1mil for a back-up OL guy is super cheap.

LMU93231August 23, 2021 08:47AM

Re: Brewer was an Opt out last year

AlbaNY_Ram108August 23, 2021 08:44AM

I doubt Shelton would be the interior oline back up

RockRam119August 23, 2021 10:10AM

Riverumbbq on final 9 OL players…

Rams43134August 23, 2021 09:07AM

I don't get the logic.

RockRam159August 23, 2021 10:15AM

Re: I don't get the logic.

merlin130August 23, 2021 12:36PM