Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anchrum expected to be lectured

August 22, 2021 04:18AM
2nd & 6 at LV 15
(1:59 - 2nd) X.Jones right end pushed ob at LV 2 for 13 yards (A.Robertson). PENALTY on LA-T.Anchrum, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at LV 15 - No Play.

and first........most of the first half was nothing to watch

but then things started to get interesting.
Jones was elusive.....that odd slippery thing, and very good at getting free after catching the pass.

there were so many flags that I couldn't complain....EXCEPT.....the one on Anchrum which pulled us out of first and goal.........

all this serves to make me uncomfortable with McVay's not playing first team at all during preseason. understand the wisdom of it, but when things are messy, and there are silly presnap penalties, and out of rhythm offense and missed assignments on defense early on in the season ? Could be avoided to some degree.

and while I"m complaining ought to acknowledge that they did get some stuff right on the OL. Funk and Jones both found some open field.

yeah......very much entertained by the game last night as things moved along.
Brown on a sack, Daka showing up, whole bunch of receivers with catches. lots of hard work by the 3rd team. Garrett absolutely taking over a series.

And good on McVay for keeping with the flow, and letting Perkins work. Gee whiz that "run out of the grasp" of the defender and finding enough to get past line to gain at the end? Rousing good fun.......
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

remayne Anchrum (ankle) expected to be OK after exiting vs. Raiders

BerendsenRam298August 21, 2021 09:34PM

Anchrum expected to be lectured

leafnose349August 22, 2021 04:18AM

Re: Anchrum expected to be lectured

BerendsenRam108August 22, 2021 10:17AM