Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jourdan Rodrique Tweets from Rams-Raiders Practice

August 18, 2021 10:27AM
Jourdan Rodrigue@JourdanRodrigue

(Read from the Bottom Up)

Sean McVay says “Leonard Floyd is gonna be OK” and they were just just being extra cautious by holding him out today.

Sean McVay seemed frustrated with the “sloppy” feel of practice due to the starts and stops in action based on after-whistle extracurriculars. He and Gruden and some other coaches spoke about it for awhile after practice because both teams want to get some quality work in.

McVay was speaking about both teams initiating some of these things, FWIW

Couple reminders based on questions in mentions: No tackling to the ground. May as well not be a pass rush because no contact on QBs. Hard to eval run game or the end moments of some coverage concepts on both sides because of that. Fields split so we all are doing our best.

Stafford said they installed some new things today and dictated some new looks, and he wanted to try the throw out with them and is glad he made the mistakes in practice; however he added that the picks were on him and he needs to correct those things moving forward.

Saw three interceptions of Stafford by Raiders first-team defense when they got to full-field work, including one from former Ram Littleton, following successful red period. Wonder how McVay will feel about the workday from both offense and defense. He’ll speak shortly.

Long conversation post practice between McVay, Gruden and a couple other coaches around midfield.

Stafford attempted a deep shot to Desean Jackson, who was matched up with Johnathan Abram. Abram got his head turned around late and was able to force the incompletion even though Jackson had a step on him. There was some contact, but there was no flag thrown.

At least 2 air explosives against the Rams secondary today; this latest was Ruggs for a TD…Think Burgess one of the DBs and could not see the other from my place on the far field.

Things tense on this side as Woods takes a tough hit over the top and ball falls incomplete.

Woods is fine; appeared from my distance to be frustrated w the nature of the hit angle which is why things were tense

Looked like Travin Howard nearly came away with it

Mariota with another INT dropped

Another scrum. Incognito in the middle of this one as both sidelines run on field.

Stafford and Rams ones had a nice RZ 7on7 period (pretty sideline ball to Jefferson; TDs to Kupp and Higbee). Struggled in full field 11on11 and had a tipped ball meant for Woods picked.

Rochell dove to pick Mariota, and Carr hit Remfrow on a slick out and up explosive.

Fight No.2, Raiders offense Rams defense getting chippy out here.

Latter play was Ramsey’s side but I think someone was supposed to bump over up top. I was watching from opposite field and there is no replay so not totally certain - but Ramsey is playing close to LOS today so imagine that may be the case.

We have a scuffle during special teams phase. Started with a couple guys near Raiders sideline on punt coverage play, then sidelines partially cleared. Joe DeCamillis dove into it.

We had a bit of a CA-version downpour a few minutes ago so sorry for the lack of updates - one thing to keep an eye on is Anchrum walking off the field w team doctor.

Leonard Floyd is not dressed out today, but is able to be on the field w teammates and has no visible brace or tape on that ankle. Also is an Asic’s running shoes guy, a comfort level I respect.

CB Darious Williams is practicing. Red non-contact jersey and club for CB Robert Rochell. Nick Scott, Trishton Jackson, Terrell Lewis working out on the bikes this morning. I don’t see Leonard Floyd (ankle) yet this morning, so that situation merits followup. Lawler likely sub.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2021 10:28AM by RamBill.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jourdan Rodrique Tweets from Rams-Raiders Practice

RamBill677August 18, 2021 10:27AM

yikes.... Stafford with three picks

Rampage2K-183August 18, 2021 12:29PM

Yeah, I read that earlier as well...

JamesJM197August 18, 2021 12:42PM

McVay said that 2 or the 3...

JamesJM184August 18, 2021 01:17PM

Re: McVay said that 2 or the 3...

moklerman179August 18, 2021 01:27PM

As I said... it's a judgement call...