Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My notes on Fields

August 16, 2021 10:07PM
Overall what I see is a raw player that has the benefit of mobility to extend plays. His accuracy is just Ok. He doesn’t slide (or at least didn’t this game) which will get him hurt sooner than later. If playing a real defense, I think he struggles way more.

Not saying he can’t be a very good player, but he looks like a rookie to me and couldn’t be counted on to go a full season at this point.

1st Series
1st pass he rolls out and dumps off for no gain. Not an easy pass for the RB but it counts as a completion.
Now 3rd and 18 (must have been penalty) he scrambles around and find a WR for 10 yards. Good pass but Miami was in soft coverage.

2nd Series.
1st pass he has a ton of time and no pressure. Decides to check down and his pass is batted in the air for a near interception.
2nd pass seam route knocked down by DB. Not terrible but needed to lead his WR more.
3rd pass deep throw that DB knocks away. Not terrible but again needed to lead his WR or it could be picked.

3rd series
bad snap he fumbles but recovered.
2nd pass he has forever and floats one over the LBs and almost picked. Underthrowing just a tad.
3rd play he runs for it and tries to spin move but instead fumbles it and recovers.

4th series before the half. He has 37 second.s
1st play is a short pass in the middle for 8 yards (terrible decision if this is 2 minute drill).
2nd he scans and does his check down to the RB.
3rd pass he goes deep but overthrows his WR on the left side.
4th pass another check down to RB for another 10 yards
5th pass he rolls out and throws across his body for 10. Good play but inbounds so another timeout used.
6th pass to TE on the sideline. Good pass but end of half.

5th series
1st Pass naked boot. Holds it forever then gets his man for 1st down.
2nd Pass pocket is finally collapsing and he stands tall and throws 20 yard 50/50 ball that his WR highpoints. Defender looked to have a hand on it. Highlight yes, but WR outplayed the DB.
3rd pass another checkdown to RB for no gain.
4th pass, he evades pressure and runs then lobs it over to WRs for 11 yards. Nice play.
5th run he does a naked boot right and runs out of bounds for a few yards.
6th he is almost sacked but gets away and runs around left side for a touchdown. Leans in head first which is worrisome for Chicago.
6th series
1st pass across the middle 6 yards. It’s low but WR is able to adjust and grab it for 1st down.
2nd run keeper to the left. Shows terrific speed down the left for ~18 yards.
3rd pass. Boot right. Blocking TE gets open alone in the far left at the 7 yard line. TD! Major breakdown by Miami defense but give Fields credit for making the play.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Will Justin Fields start Week One against the Rams?

BerendsenRam285August 16, 2021 08:37PM

If he doesn't start

merlin212August 16, 2021 08:39PM

Re: If he doesn't start

BerendsenRam167August 16, 2021 08:40PM

My notes on Fields

BearlyThere175August 16, 2021 10:07PM