Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Look how many chances Bradford got

August 13, 2021 09:08AM
merlin
Stafford9
Not a Goff hater, Stafford can read and process the field, Goff can not, I attended many home games for the Rams and there were always open receivers Goff did not see

In this league if you have elite talent you're gonna get chance after chance. Goff is extremely talented, like Bradford. Mentally he's probably better served in a flag football league though, like Bradford. Those types of QBs are going to shred in sevens and tantalize you with what they can do. But they'll wilt when the pressure builds.

So I figure the Lions will realize he's not the right guy at some point. Might take a while but he'll move to another team who thinks they can squeeze more out of him. And just like Bradford there will come a point where collectively teams accept who he is.

But there is also a chance that this failure motivates him to correct his deficiencies and find success. That happens all the time in this league, guys who are true competitors can find extra motivation in that failure. So not gonna count him out, and I think you're counting him out way too soon (teams will keep giving him chances for a couple more years even worst case), but it's gonna come down to him and how much he wants it because the talent is there.
I'm not sure this is an apt comparison. I agree that both these guys had physical talent and didn't always fulfill expectations but Bradford just couldn't stay healthy. If he could, he'd probably still be playing. High completion %, low turnovers and mediocre production will keep you in the league.

Goff, on the other hand, has been the exact opposite. He's been a virtual iron man but his lack of production and turnovers are pushing him down the charts. Bradford wasn't living up to superstar status but he was still a pretty decent starter. Goff was giving games away and had one of the best offensive minds in football give up on him.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lions beat writer on Jared Goff: “He’s not Matthew Stafford, that’s for sure”

BerendsenRam670August 12, 2021 11:10AM

Jared Goff: We don’t pay attention to low outside expectations

BerendsenRam407August 12, 2021 11:15AM

Re: Jared Goff: We don’t pay attention to low outside expectations

moklerman191August 12, 2021 12:45PM

Re: Lions beat writer on Jared Goff: “He’s not Matthew Stafford, that’s for sure”

ABQRam268August 12, 2021 11:47AM

What Stafford is stretching the ball all over the place here in Irvine

Ram_Ruler176August 12, 2021 05:15PM

Re: Lions beat writer on Jared Goff: “He’s not Matthew Stafford, that’s for sure”

Classicalwit281August 12, 2021 02:12PM

After the 49 er game Goff may be done

Stafford9212August 12, 2021 04:46PM

Look how many chances Bradford got

merlin149August 13, 2021 08:52AM

moklerman113August 13, 2021 09:08AM

merlin112August 13, 2021 09:19AM

moklerman107August 13, 2021 10:48AM