July 28, 2021 10:40AM
Too many flaws in there to take it seriously. That site is all about the clicks, and the analysis is rushed.

We definitely are worse at TE and RB but the direction taken by both those positions is good. TE short term will dip but long term we're looking at serious improvement and I'm fine with that. RB was all about Akers and the team got stiffed by his injury, that happens. Now how they approach things is going to matter and is a better direction of RB conversation IMO but there is time.

OL should be slightly improved. Not greatly. But removing Blythe is going to be an improvement. The only ones who will be surprised by that are the "PFF checkers" that form flash opinions for flash content. Wish they had brought in a Center in the draft but I get where they're coming from and we should be more powerful up front, more physical, and we will feel that this season. The danger with the OL is actually Whit. I think he's gonna need a lot of help vs guys like Bosa this season. If at any point we lose him we're probably going to drop to a second tier team too; I don't believe in Boom and whoever would go in for Whit would require help vs most blindside rushers.

DL took two big hits in losing Brock and Fox. So initially it is going to be worse. But one thing the Rams prioritized is physicality. They wanted to be able to stuff the run better and not be pushed around. That is clear from the players they drafted (both Brown's are extremely hard to move). However the issue is that Brock probably had his best season of his career last year. He was a really big loss. And Fox did as well, he had rounded into a fantastic depth DL who could do a bit of everything. So how long will it take Robinson and two rookies to cover those roles? I think we are in for a dip early-season that will hopefully improve and become a strength for the playoffs but that might be wishful thinking. Again I don't like Robinson and don't believe he's going to do a thing for us. I think even if he does flash he'll end up being on IR or something collecting a check. Just my take on the guy. But even if I end up being right about him there is room for B Brown to make this DL better, he just is likely to require some time to settle in.

Safety is loaded. His take on safety shows his lack of knowledge of the depth chart IMO. To the point where I expect Rapp to be phased into a nicklebacker role as WILB. Because he's too good a player to have sitting on your bench. But they also have Scott who has come on as a safety on top of what he provides to teams.

CB is roughly the same. Hill got beat in the playoffs vs Green Bay. I am glad the Rams did not overpay him. Long should be able to provide a similar role player type CB3 production and they also have a promising young corner behind him now with size and length and great getup. We're not gonna feel a dip here until Williams leaves, which is next season.

OLB is roughly the same, loaded with strong side types. We lack raw rush talent on this roster. Lewis might be a lottery ticket for us, but he's about the same odds of them hitting lol. So we're gonna have a similar approach this year with a rotation that relies on fresh legs to help marginal rushers do their best. Ebukam is a raw athlete and it sucked to lose him but it's not like we just lost a plus rusher, he's a hustle type and we have tons of those.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams roster preview: Where Rams got better and worse…

Rams43696July 28, 2021 06:32AM

3 betters and 7 worses..

sstrams200July 28, 2021 06:43AM

Re: 3 betters and 7 worses..

Ramsdude164July 28, 2021 07:35AM

That's a legitimate concern..

sstrams108July 28, 2021 08:34AM

I’ve got some major disagreements with DaSilva here…

Rams43201July 28, 2021 06:58AM

I agree with everything you said except

socalmab160July 28, 2021 07:33AM

Special teams got better, too

Shecky177July 28, 2021 07:42AM

And not Cooper Kupp returning punts (hopefully)

RinconRam111July 28, 2021 09:10AM

Well for what it's worth....

roman18157July 28, 2021 08:13AM

Re: Rams roster preview: Where Rams got better and worse…

JimYoungblood53130July 28, 2021 08:48AM

This is why Ramswire is a casual fan site

merlin130July 28, 2021 10:40AM