Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heard a really good thought on NFL Sirius radio about this

July 27, 2021 01:39PM
I don't remember which guy said it (I think it was one of the ex-FO execs).
But it was this: you're not a front line guy. You are 2nd string. There's another guy that's not far behind you. You are not vaccinated; but the other guy is. Who does the team keep?

Even more, any decent agent would have this talk with his unvaccinated 2nd string player. All things being about equal, NFL teams are of course going to keep vaccinated players over those that aren't, if they can (salary cap, depth, etc). Obviously the star or very good front line players that choose not to get vaccinated aren't going to get cut. And no team would ever say "we cut the guy who didn't get a vaccination".

I think what this guy said is right on the money. You don't want to get the shot, but you DO want a payday and to play. Choose. Another team is sure as heck is not going to pick up a jag unvaccinated player that was cut.... so no payday. This is how it ought to be. Choices have consequences, nonetheless it's better for the individual to make the choice and not have it forced on him.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sean McVay: Rams will be “around” fully vaccinated at start of regular season

BerendsenRam244July 27, 2021 09:26AM

Re: Sean McVay: Rams will be “around” fully vaccinated at start of regular season

Rampage2K-115July 27, 2021 11:06AM

Heard a really good thought on NFL Sirius radio about this

RockRam149July 27, 2021 01:39PM

Re: Heard a really good thought on NFL Sirius radio about this

waterfield111July 27, 2021 05:09PM